Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

She asked me this and then once I replied she asked me what resort they are staying at. I didnt email Caroline since I January, so maybe she just wanted to make sure I was still coming? Not sure!  When I booked, I requested a private reception, maybe she was making sure I had enough guests...

March 19:

Dear Natalie:

I hope you are well and having  a good weekend, I would like to inform you that your wedding is coming, could you please send me a complete list with names from your wedding group.

Regards from DR

Carolina Barragán Beck

Wedding Manager

PALLADIUM HOTELS & RESORTS

Then March 21:

One last question, in which hotel you will stay.

Regards from DR

Carolina Barragán Beck

Wedding Manager

PALLADIUM HOTELS & RESORTS

Originally Posted by chell44 View Post

Just curious, did she say why she needed all of your guests names?

Im in my room at the royal suites(majority of out group was upgraded to rst) we get married tomorrow! The wedding planning was incredible, met with carolina the first morning we were here and everything was organized and done in less then an hour. She does 3 weddings per day I think 130, 330 and 530 if your at the gazebo. She's incredible so seriously don't stress about the details but she's a pro. I had made a list of questions and she answered them before I had a chance to ask them. She does them so often she's dealt with every issue imaginable. We were upgraded to the most gorgeous room, with 2 balconies, his/her sinks, bed has all white linen and jacuzzi tub with a high tech shower with 18 shower heads, steamer, music and the phone rings in there. Weather has been amazing, foods pretty good. We've had some issues with customer service but I'll get into details once I'm home. I would totally come to this resort again and I know our guests are really enjoying themselves. With luggage the bride and groom suitcases combined can't way more the 50 kgs. They are really strict about this and make sure to have your papers saying you get an extra 10 kgs because the people at the counter had no idea we had to show them our paper. We were at 42kgs and they were going to charge us. Worse when your leaving the Dominican. Well off to bed, getting my hair done in the morning. You will all be so happy you chose a wedding here, so stress free! Melissa I'll write a thorough review once we are home, here till the 21st!

That is so exciting!!! It seems like a lot of brides are getting upgraded :)) congratsss on your wedding!!

does anyone know where you get the paper that says the bride and groom can have an extra 10kg?

Originally Posted by mellibelli View Post

Im in my room at the royal suites(majority of out group was upgraded to rst) we get married tomorrow! The wedding planning was incredible, met with carolina the first morning we were here and everything was organized and done in less then an hour. She does 3 weddings per day I think 130, 330 and 530 if your at the gazebo. She's incredible so seriously don't stress about the details but she's a pro. I had made a list of questions and she answered them before I had a chance to ask them. She does them so often she's dealt with every issue imaginable.
We were upgraded to the most gorgeous room, with 2 balconies, his/her sinks, bed has all white linen and jacuzzi tub with a high tech shower with 18 shower heads, steamer, music and the phone rings in there.
Weather has been amazing, foods pretty good.
We've had some issues with customer service but I'll get into details once I'm home. I would totally come to this resort again and I know our guests are really enjoying themselves.
With luggage the bride and groom suitcases combined can't way more the 50 kgs. They are really strict about this and make sure to have your papers saying you get an extra 10 kgs because the people at the counter had no idea we had to show them our paper. We were at 42kgs and they were going to charge us. Worse when your leaving the Dominican.
Well off to bed, getting my hair done in the morning.
You will all be so happy you chose a wedding here, so stress free!
Melissa
I'll write a thorough review once we are home, here till the 21st!

It depends which company you book with but our e tickets from air transat had a list of all the bonus stuff for the bride and groom. Like bottle of champagne on flight, priority boarding and check in. Then extra baggage weight. I forget what else but that was most of it. Wedding was absolutely incredible, I had my hair done at spa and looked awesome! Gazebo was beautiful, beach party was a blast. Full review to come when we get home.

I would love love love to hear about the beach party!  I just met someone who booked recently and mentioned a private beach party for $500, but I haven't found any info on it.  Right now this is my #1 resort, but knowing we can all be together after the wedding and dinner (without going to the disco) would defintely be a bonus.  Going to the TA tomorow to get quotes!  

Im not sure what the resturant options are for a private dinner. It totally depends which wedding you are that day and whats open. When we met with carolina the day after we arrived she bascially told us this restaurant is open for us. Its a set menu so it didnèt really matter where our reception was. The beach party was a blast! They set it up for you 3 hrs of music, dj there and a waiter for drinks. We had the waiter and dj dancing with us. So fun, but keep in mind its raelly windy and people will be cold, I wasnt cuz of my dress...the wind was perfect! The none dancers will be cold, I just let people go change if they wanted.

Being upgraded isnt the best thing unless EVERYONE is upgraded. If I could change things no one would of gotten upgraded. Only RST guests can swim in the pools eat at their restaurants and I found people secluded themselves and the non upgraded were left out. Also the palace guests who werent upgraded loved where they were and the service was better. We had numerous room issues at rst. We had a phone that didnèt work for 4 days including our wedding day so no one could get a hold of us. We bitched numerous times to get it fixed took 4 days to change the phone. Our jacuzzi jets also didnèt work and it took about the same amount of time to get that fixed. Coffee maker and tv also didnèt work. For our second week they made us move after we finally had a room that worked! To keep the room we were in the wanted another $500. SO moved to a swim up room and when we can back from dinner the first night our ceiling was leaking through the lights, my husband investigated and it was TOILET water leaking into our jacuzzi and bathroom counter. We demanded to be moved, so we went down the hall and in that room the mirror at the head of the bed was cracked and the jacuzzi once again was broken. Maintence came and John told him what needed to be done to fix the jacuzzi, so we talked to the front desk and they said it would be fixed in am.....shockingly it was. Anyway royal suites isn;t what I would call a 5 star hotel. I will give better review once home.