Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
I used the spa services to get my hair done -- it was a last minute decision and I booked 2 days before. My mom decided the day before to get her hair done at the same time, and then my grandma decided the day of! None of us had problems booking or getting the time we wanted. There are 3 chairs there and enough staff...I would wait to book until you get there. Also, weddings are a priority so they will bump someone else if they need to to get you in -- haha they told me.

We did the renewal of the vows, but we did not tell our guests. Carolina had paperwork for us to sign and everything! We gave her our own wording for the ceremony and we wrote our own vows.

I do not want my guests to know its a ROV either. Will Carolina let you use your own wording? I am not sure what wording they normally use, but would you mind sharing yours? I want traditional vows, so I am assuming we can do it that way. I hope it all works out when we get there! I arrive on a Monday and we get married on Thursday. I hope thats enough time to plan everything with Carolina.

Thanks for your feedback!

We met with her the day after we got there -- and didn't see her again until the wedding (meeting was on Wed - wedding Monday). There is a thread on here with a ton of ceremony scripts - I'll try to find it and post it.

Our guests did not suspect it was anything but legal - and Carolina even had a paper for us to sign!

Here's the link to the thread

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-script-21660/

Also - I felt so confident with our first meeting with Carolina that I was totally at ease. As mentioned we met on Wednesday for about 45 minutes - picked everything we wanted. She asked me to leave my dress out on the bed on Saturday so someone could come pick it up for steaming. I came back on Monday before my hair appointment and it was all ready to go, hanging up along with my flowers and bouquets. She was perfectly on time and it was great. She also had us leave everything wedding related (music, guest favors, signs etc.) at the reception by Friday afternoon. Everything was so easy -- and when I saw her before walking down the aisle all she said was "you look beautiful, are you ready?" She was so calmning and I had no worries --- she had the music down perfect and all of the guests/bridal party at ease.

I am still amazed at how smooth it went -- especially after seeing 3 weddings at Dreams Palm Beach -- it makes me feel so happy we went with GPPC and that we are so lucky Carolina was so amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntaCanaNikki View Post
Ok.... So I just realized this today and I can't believe I didn't think of this when planning and booking.....

sorry if this it TMI but I need some opinions....

I am going to have my period the week I'm in Dominican...RRRR I can't believe I didn't plan around this....

So I was wondering.... there is a medication called Norethisterone that can be taken 3 days before expected menstruation and will delay it for about a week... I want to ask my doctor about it....

Do you think this is a good idea or should I just tough it out??
I had this problem, and I have endometroisis, which makes having your period so painful, that I usually end up in the hospital. So i was very worried and unlike most woman, I can't take birth control.
I was even late for me period (if I wasn't I wouldn't of had it on my wedding day) but it was my last day on my wedding day, so for our second week we got to enjoy wink.gif
How long are you staying down there? and when are you suppose to start?
Personally (with all the meds I take) I would trust (or take lightly) taking a pill that 'tricks' your body into having it late. It could mess things up in the future, but mainly my concern would be what kind of mood swings would you get on that?!? Is it worth being 'hormonol' on your vacation/wedding.
I say just tough it out! But that's just me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff View Post
Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to read your review and see pictures! I almost booked at Dreams but I thought it would be too expensive for my guests! Glad the Palladium was a good choice!

Oh wow... well maybe its a good thing my ceremony is scheduled for 2pm so that I don't get hit twice with the daily rate.

If you do a TTD session, is it at the resort or another location? Or is there another place that is an option for the TTD session? Was just thinking of a way to save myself from paying the day pass twice hehe
The TTD usually happens on the resort, for this there is no extra charge for a day pass, as he'll only be there for max an hour. But like someone else metion, you can go into town next to old buildings, or fields. if that is something you would like to do, shoot the idea pass your photographer and see if they do stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell44 View Post
Can any of you past brides tell me what the vows are like for the legal ceremony? I didn't think I would care but I just went to a wedding and absolutely hated what the judge said, it just seemed so "legal" and not very heartfelt
the legal ceremony was short and sweet. However if you'd like to add your own words, you may do so after you sign the papers (kind of like the sand ceremony, you do this after the judge leaves)
'we're here to join XX, and XX in unity....' be honest I can't remember much is was fast, and I couldn't wait to get to the sand ceremony part and then eat and PARTY!!!! lol.
If you'd like to have some words you totally can, just let Carolina know when you meet with her.

Sungoddes,
Congrats again!!!!!!!!!! you looked so beautiful. I am sooo happy everything went well (not that I doubted it with Carolina, she just so amazing!!!)
LOL I forgot a lot of things, your not alone!!! I like how you had the father/daughter dance at the gazebo. I especially liked the green you chose for the gazebo, turned out amazing!!!!
Thanks for the review!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
Here's the link to the thread

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-script-21660/

Also - I felt so confident with our first meeting with Carolina that I was totally at ease. As mentioned we met on Wednesday for about 45 minutes - picked everything we wanted. She asked me to leave my dress out on the bed on Saturday so someone could come pick it up for steaming. I came back on Monday before my hair appointment and it was all ready to go, hanging up along with my flowers and bouquets. She was perfectly on time and it was great. She also had us leave everything wedding related (music, guest favors, signs etc.) at the reception by Friday afternoon. Everything was so easy -- and when I saw her before walking down the aisle all she said was "you look beautiful, are you ready?" She was so calmning and I had no worries --- she had the music down perfect and all of the guests/bridal party at ease.

I am still amazed at how smooth it went -- especially after seeing 3 weddings at Dreams Palm Beach -- it makes me feel so happy we went with GPPC and that we are so lucky Carolina was so amazing.
Thanks for the link...

And thank you for the information. It really put my mind at ease! I know it will be a great day no matter what happens! Carolina sounds really helpful! I can't wait to see pics from your big day! Congrats again!

Hi again - I won't be posting pictures on here because I'm paranoid about the internet, but if you want to see some pm me and we'll go through facebook! :)

thanks again carribbeanlover for the comments -- it's amazing that it's all over with! I remember feeling it would NEVER come haha! I couldn't be happier - now we'll just continue to enjoy the honeymoon! :)

SO glad to hear the wedding was a success! It is making me more and more excited each day to hear all the reviews on here!!!!! I found my shoes for my dress and i LOVE them! Feels like it is all coming together and I have finally chosen my colors! What another relief!:)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella30 View Post
SO glad to hear the wedding was a success! It is making me more and more excited each day to hear all the reviews on here!!!!! I found my shoes for my dress and i LOVE them! Feels like it is all coming together and I have finally chosen my colors! What another relief!:)))
I feel like I am a slacker since I'm getting married the day before you and haven't done a thing except send out STD emails hehe. I guess I better get moving! Congrats on your colors, dress, and shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla0404 View Post
Sungoddess and Sap...what did/are you guys doing for wedding favors? Are you bringing/did you bring your own music (like on a ipod) for a reception or use the DJ? Its funny, i was on this site like 8 months ago right after I chose, then got busy and forgot, suddenly now I'm freaking out again! Sap, you are getting married the same week we are, We arrive on the 17th! :)
We are using DJ Mannia. If you arrive on the 17th, you should totally crash on our beach party! Seriously! :)

For the ceremony we just finished our CD which I understand Carolina will play for us...I hope. lol. Just the basics. Guest music, music for when the Groomsmen walk out then bridal party, then ME!

I leave on TUESDAY WOO HOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
We are using DJ Mannia. If you arrive on the 17th, you should totally crash on our beach party! Seriously! :)

For the ceremony we just finished our CD which I understand Carolina will play for us...I hope. lol. Just the basics. Guest music, music for when the Groomsmen walk out then bridal party, then ME!

I leave on TUESDAY WOO HOO!!
omg! I am so excited for you!