Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella30 View Post
I am not sure how to put a link but it is a maggie sottero couture gown..rowena! im soo in love!

I am not sure which restaurant I should request either semi private is good enuf for me...i was trying to get ceremony moved to 5 and Carolina said 4 was the latest on my day...which is ok ... it will have to do lol...

I think I may look into staying in the royal section while my guests are in the punta cana secction?? did u love it there Tracy? So many options lol
go get an account with photobucket, upload your picture there, and then copy the 'IMG' code into your message here!! Can't wait to see it!!!

I say go for La Uva, if it's a nice day you can get the patio, if you did it'd be like a full private reception as only your guest would be seated outside.
I loved the restaurant because it was so close to the beach for the beach party and right next to the gazebo.
Maybe things can change for the time when you get down there. but 4 is perfect, enough time to get pictures with still lots of light out, then head over to the resto for 6. The guest can go to the lobby or stay by the pool bar and have some drinks!!

I loved loved loooooved the royal section, and would recommend it to anyone, especially for your wedding/honeymoon. We can't go back there without staying at the royal section now, I'm still hopeful we can still go for our anniversary and stay at the roya again. The service is just so amazing, but besides that I couldn't imagine being there and not being able to go to the royal gourmet restaurant!!!
If it's in your budge, dooo it!!! if not the other sides are amazing too!!

Well ladies...I haven't contacted Carolina in quite sometime because I have this site to answer my questions and when I met with her last year it seemed that most decisions will be done when I get down there. That being said, she EMAILED me today to REMIND me that my day is coming. lol. LOVE IT! It's becoming sooo real now. :)

She just emailed me to ask me to send her a list of my guests and their dates booked and I let her know that Pastor York confirmed 6:30pm for the ceremony. She emailed me right back "Ok, Perfect, Thanks!"

I sent her my list, which she will also be receiving from my TA Dina (a BDW agent).

I've just completed my chapsticks, my kids OOT sandbuckets, raffia fans wrapped with ribbon and added paper flowers, emergency kits and programs...I KNOW I MUST POST PICS!! Everything is coming out sooo awesome, FI loves it all too. :) MANY MANY thanks to all the wonderful brides and their ideas here on BDW!!

I'm super excited! And I already don't want it to end! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
Well ladies...I haven't contacted Carolina in quite sometime because I have this site to answer my questions and when I met with her last year it seemed that most decisions will be done when I get down there. That being said, she EMAILED me today to REMIND me that my day is coming. lol. LOVE IT! It's becoming sooo real now. :)

She just emailed me to ask me to send her a list of my guests and their dates booked and I let her know that Pastor York confirmed 6:30pm for the ceremony. She emailed me right back "Ok, Perfect, Thanks!"

I sent her my list, which she will also be receiving from my TA Dina (a BDW agent).

I've just completed my chapsticks, my kids OOT sandbuckets, raffia fans wrapped with ribbon and added paper flowers, emergency kits and programs...I KNOW I MUST POST PICS!! Everything is coming out sooo awesome, FI loves it all too. :) MANY MANY thanks to all the wonderful brides and their ideas here on BDW!!

Your day is creeping up fast! You must be sooo excited! I can't wait to see pics of everything you are making! I would love to make stuff to bring, but I worry about how to get it down there safely.

I haven't emailed Carolina lately about anything. I sent her my agreement form and she replied "thanks" but we haven't discussed any restaurants or anything. Maybe when it gets closer I can request one but since I am doing the semi-private, I am assuming I just get whatever is available.

I wonder how the times for the weddings are determined. I wanted 5pm but she said she only had 2pm (which I am a little sad about) but we are doing a ROV ceremony. I was going to email her and ask if she had the wording or how it worked. Can my dad still walk me down the isle and give me away? Anyone do the ROV that may be able to help me out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post

Sap - So exciting!!! do you have pictures of all the goodies you've made up for people? Would love to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff View Post
I wonder how the times for the weddings are determined. I wanted 5pm but she said she only had 2pm (which I am a little sad about) but we are doing a ROV ceremony. I was going to email her and ask if she had the wording or how it worked. Can my dad still walk me down the isle and give me away? Anyone do the ROV that may be able to help me out?
I "got stuck" with 2 pm for my ceremony too. We're having a legal ceremony (ie: judge is doing it). Basically, all the ceremonies are based around the judge's availability. There is one judge for all of Punta Cana so he usually has several weddings per day. What he says goes. Therefore, the legal ceremonies on the resorts take precedence. All other ceremonies, such as ROV and Symbolic, are then based around that. So we don't seem to have a lot of choice regarding times unless we luck out. I originally wanted 4 or 5 pm, and I was flexible on the day, but I was given the choice of either 2 pm or 11 am...I picked 2 pm!! Lol There's always the possibility of someone else cancelling and then you change your time if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post
I "got stuck" with 2 pm for my ceremony too. We're having a legal ceremony (ie: judge is doing it). Basically, all the ceremonies are based around the judge's availability. There is one judge for all of Punta Cana so he usually has several weddings per day. What he says goes. Therefore, the legal ceremonies on the resorts take precedence. All other ceremonies, such as ROV and Symbolic, are then based around that. So we don't seem to have a lot of choice regarding times unless we luck out. I originally wanted 4 or 5 pm, and I was flexible on the day, but I was given the choice of either 2 pm or 11 am...I picked 2 pm!! Lol There's always the possibility of someone else cancelling and then you change your time if so.
I was married at 3 pm and found it was the perfect time, by the time the ceremony was over and pictures were taken it was 5:30-5:45 and time to meet our train to take us to the restaurant... trust me 2pm will be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila2011 View Post
Quick Question...what kind of things have you guys been emailing Carolina? Should I be emailing her to tell her which package I want and that I want the beach party? I thought most of the other things can be picked when I get down there. Just wanna check if I am missing anything!!

In other news, I bought my heels for the ceremony yesterday! I love green so my shoes are stiletto emerald green heels! Now I have to learn to walk in them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Hi!!!
Def let her know the package you want, and if you want the beach party. And if you have a restaurant in mind you'd like to have your reception at, let her know so she can save it for you. And make sure she confirms 'I confirm your package and beach reception' I told her I wanted La UVa, and I got it...I also got her to confirm it, and brought all the emails down with me incase (I didn't need them)

Are you planning your ceremony in the gazebo or the beach?! if the gazebo you'll be fine with the shoes, on the beach I'd suggest getting a pair of flip flops and then once your back on solid ground you can put the pretty shoes on!!!
I agree def. let her know you want the beach party.. they can only do 2 per night at opposite ends of the beach, and they are in high demand considering there is like 4-5 weddings a day.

I had almost 40 guests and our dinner was at the spanish rest. it was a smaller rest. so it seemed like we had the whole things; there were huge windows all around us it was gorgeous and perfrct for the size of the wedding.. very nice area of the resort as well.

I have been to numerous weddings in Punta Cana and its lovely in the resorts. I have visited Grand Palladium 2 times and is extremely nice with a gorgeous beach and friendly staff. You will love the resort as its very nice.

A good photographer who does Destination Weddings only from Miami who I would recommend is Frank Panaro Photography. Does great work but prices are anywhere from $2500 and up for photography only. He is excellent and did my wedding. Will make you both real happy.

Website is www.frankpanarophotography.com

Does alot of weddings in caribbean and Miami is real close to Punta Cana.

Best of luck in your serach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff View Post
Your day is creeping up fast! You must be sooo excited! I can't wait to see pics of everything you are making! I would love to make stuff to bring, but I worry about how to get it down there safely.

I haven't emailed Carolina lately about anything. I sent her my agreement form and she replied "thanks" but we haven't discussed any restaurants or anything. Maybe when it gets closer I can request one but since I am doing the semi-private, I am assuming I just get whatever is available.

Hi! I am very excited! I will definitely post pictures very soon!

We are doing the ROV, but we are using Pastor York to do the ceremony. He charges 300 and puts together a beautiful and more tradition ceremony together for you. If it's in your budget I highly recommend it. Book early because he is very popular.

As far as times go, since we can only rewuest and keep fingers crossed, I say don't stress it. Whether its 2 or 5, it will all work out great. I think every time has a different advantage. More sunlight, closer to dinner time...etc. They seem to make it work out well no matter what time it's at. :)

Dad can definitely walk you down the aisle.