Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

carribeanlover (or anyone who can help);

how have u been adding the pics to the thread? (the beach pics, not the sig)Have you been cutting and pasting? Just trying to figure that out so I can add pics once I have them.

Thanks!

You have to upload them to something like photobucket, then you can just insert the link from that page once you upload it.

Tracy, All I had to do here in NS was get it translated to English for the bank, my drivers license and my health card. We don't register the marriage here because they said it was already registered in DR.

Only cost me 40 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
FI's sister is a real estate agent in the west island!!!! I would totally recommend talking to her when you are ready! :) Unless you know someone, but she's super nice!

That's so exciting - I can't wait until we are ready to buy a house! I want more space!!!!! lol. I can't wait to hear all about it. Once we are all married this should turn into a "house buying" thread!

When is your AHR Carribbeanlover?
Oh really!!!! I wonder if she also does Vaudeuil. I'll get her # once we've seen the bank and go from there. Thanks so much!!!
I was also considering my cousin who works for Remax.. he wouldn't be my realtor though since we aren't looking in his area.
I found out, We don't need a realtor, we can't actually use the realtor of whatever house we want, the only thing with doing that is you need to know what your doing, as the home sellers realtor is there for them, not us. But a realtor is 7% of the house fee!!!!!!!!!!! that's insane!! lol

I agree, will make it into a home thread once we're all married lol I love that idea!!!!
Hopeful when your ready I'll know more and I can give you some info!!

AHR, we are waiting to see if the halls has a cancelation in July, if not we'll go from there and pick a date for August.
Now that I know I'm not doing any planning, it's a little exciting! lol
Not expecting gifts, but we know we'll get some, maybe it can help us with our welcome tax ( does anyone else get a welcome tax in other provinces if you buy a home?)

I'm thinking about you today!!! I know your already a MRS now!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I can't wait to hear about it, and soon you'll be a graduate!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila2011 View Post
We have the flights booked already (we had to cause I had to request next years vacation by March of this year) and are using a TA locally. So far so good !Now all we need is for people to actually book! Other than that, I have no other plans! Don't know when we will do the legal, don't know how many people, don't know where to have the reception. I do know we are doing the ceremony in the gazebo! And I do have a photographer. We are doing engagement pics later this month! I am not sure if I am going to buy a second dress or not, I do know I am buying a second set of shoes though! I love shoes!!

A house is soooo exciting! We actually bought one last year (right when the prices were low, so we went for it) and moved in together to see if things would work out....and they did!! :)
I think most of everyones problem during the planning stages was people booking. I had 7 people book a week and half before the trip, and anothe person who book 2 days before we left on Saturday (while other peole were already at the resot!!)
In the end people who do it. I found a lot of people wait last mins. Maybe it wont be the case since your working with a TA, do you the guest have a time frame to book?
A lot of people don't know until last min about their vacation time either. (How annoying for us brides lol)

Awww, that's amazing!!! how is the new home treating you? Any advice for new home owners, or seekers should I say?
Your so lucky, we said that it was to bad we weren't ready last year we could have gotten things a lot cheaper!!!
That's such a sweet happy ending!!! Must have been scary moving in together for the first time but buying a house!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzalez_83 View Post
Just got back today!!

I'm in the middle of unpacking so when I have more time I'll write a thorough review.

First off,let me say I did not know May was the month with the most rain in the DR. My FI and I got engaged in the DR in May 2008 and there was not even a drop of rain--apparently that was a fluke. Anyways, i cried my eyes out the first day we got there because it poured. It didn't help that my guests who took private taxis kept telling me how the taxi drivers asked them "Why come in May, it rains everyday??" Grrr..

May is actually a rainy season, Last year was a great year in may to travel, I went to Cuba and didn't get a singl drop, This year is going to be a big year for rain and hurricane. I wanted to go back to the resort at the end of Sept, but knowing this we've decided not to!!
I'm sorry it rained so much on your vacation, that is very disappointing, especially if your a sun love like me.
Even with the rain did you and your guest have a good time?
At least it was nice for the wedding!! :) ( of course not a beach day tho!!)
How'd you like the resort?!!?!?!

By the grace of God, our wedding day was the only dry day in the 10 days we were there!! I had already felt defeated and thought we'd have to do it in doors. The gazebo was gorgeous.

It really is isn't it!!!!!!

I had a private reception at the Don Quijote restaurant-what a beautiful place!! My wedding was on a Thursday so that restaurant was easy to book during the weekday. I used the resort DJ (forgot his name...) and he was good. He played whatever we asked, and we brought our own music as well.

How long did you have the restaurant for?!? did people dance?!
I'm so glad you liked it!!!!
I think there are a few DJ's, As long as he was good!!!

Dinner was great, we chose the beef medalions for the majority of the guests, and the salmon for those who don't eat red meat. Everyone loved the food.

I'm so happy your happy with your menu pick, as that was the biggest disappointment for me!!
Ohhhh you were able to choose 2 things, if only I would have known that.

Our photographer and videographer were the best! We used Michael Weiler's company. The video provided came with a personalized cover (front and back), as well as credits at the end. It looked like a legitimate DVD! LOL

Oh you haveMichael Weiler too, you must have amazing photo's. can't wait to see some. I got the same with, with the dvd cover, isn't it an amazing memory to have!!!

Okay, gotta run back down to the washer, feel free to ask any questions I can help u with!!

Rebecca
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzalez_83 View Post
carribeanlover (or anyone who can help);

how have u been adding the pics to the thread? (the beach pics, not the sig)Have you been cutting and pasting? Just trying to figure that out so I can add pics once I have them.

Thanks!
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket sign up for a free account. Upload your pictures there, once it's done, copy the 'IMG' code and past in here with your msg!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE 'EM!!!!!

Woooooooo!!!!!!!! I'm a MRS!!! it was great -- I was actually really awkward and nervous hahaa, but FI (husband..woo!!) knew so he hlped a lot! lol...It was great -- then my parents popped some champagne and we had it at the park overlooking the water!! The ceremony was super short (perfect) and we did not do rings. He just read a nice saying, asked us questions and we said "I will" then we kissed and high fived -- then we signed! Short and sweet! I loved it!

Then we went out for lunch to celebrate and then I graduated!!!! WOO!! busy day! I'm so happy!

Just thoguht I would check in -- I CANT WAIT until we leave --2.5 weeks omg.

was anyone else nervous? lol...not like NERVOUS, but it felt surreal!

Woooooooo!!!!!!!! I'm a MRS!!! it was great -- I was actually really awkward and nervous hahaa, but FI (husband..woo!!) knew so he hlped a lot! lol...It was great -- then my parents popped some champagne and we had it at the park overlooking the water!! The ceremony was super short (perfect) and we did not do rings. He just read a nice saying, asked us questions and we said "I will" then we kissed and high fived -- then we signed! Short and sweet! I loved it!

That is awesome! Happy to hear you loved it! Congratulations!!

Then we went out for lunch to celebrate and then I graduated!!!! WOO!! busy day! I'm so happy!

Good job!! elefant.gif

Just thoguht I would check in -- I CANT WAIT until we leave --2.5 weeks omg.

Time is just flying by isn't it?! I can't wait for July to come!! Are you just about ready to go? I had FI pull out ALL suitcases today.. I said I want everything packed and ready to go by end of this month. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
Hi!! Thanks! Yes, I will be using it for my TTD also! I got a really good deal - it was a knock off, but I was at a bridal store and saw the same one for 1140!!!! So I saved 1000! lol...and the quality, was ACTUALLY the same!! I was happy...so I'll stick with that for both.
Our TTD is 2 days later at Dreams! I'm so excited - how long was yours? We only have an hour, but it should be fine -- and we added another hour to our ceremony (so 3 now instead of 2!) It will be less rushed!

Carolina emailed me today -- SHE' BACCK!! she wants my guest names, do you know why? I sent them but I'm just curious!

p.s. thanks about the bed comforter haha - it's so hard to take pics of yourself! all awkward and stuff!
I loooove your dress!!

Can you tell me what email Carolina is using...I have 2 but they both kicked back to me. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
I loooove your dress!!

Can you tell me what email Carolina is using...I have 2 but they both kicked back to me. Thanks!!
Hi girls, sorry been MIA ... been in a lot of pain due to my period sad.gif surgery date is next week, hopefully it'll help in the near future.

I'll get back to everyones post a little later.

But I had the same problem, what I found that worked was reply to one of her emails, it always got sent that way and never bounched back.
Let me know if it works!!

CONGRATS sungoddes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!

congrats sungoddess! so exciting!

Ive been MIA lately... I didn't have internet for a few days but I'm back up and running! Now I have to catch up around here lol!

Quick question to anyone that has been there already... Are the Romance Suites all ground level? I am booking this week and wanted to know before I chose my room category. Thanks in advance!