Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

please don't be nervous......the reason why I am letting future brides know my experience is not to scare them off, just to give them a heads up!!! My maid was very much motivated my the all american dollar bill, which speaks volumes!!! So if you leave a few on the pillow you shouldn't have to worry.....

My father in law broke his baby toe the first day there.....too much rum...lol On the monday we went snorkeling, the bus ride was 2 hrs there and 2 hrs back....we got to see the country for how it is and it was an eye opener for the kids and myself...got a really cool picture of a firetruck.....boy are they different from the ones we user (thank goodness), but just before we entered the gate, the bus blew a tire....so I approched the security guard and asked him if they could send a cart to come and get us, they wouldn't!!!! My husband was so mad.....my fil had a hard time walking. There was tour bus that pulled up to get in and thankfully gave us a ride back otherwise it would have been a long walk back for all of us......

msredbird51 - I wouldn't be nervous about reading the reviews - most of what the girls had to say was positive, and you have to remember that they all got married closely together, so perhaps Carolina was just completely overwhelmed. Also, wedding hicups occur anywhere, whether it is a desintation wedding or not. It is all about how YOU and your FI look at the situation, if you are concerned about every detail, then of course you will notice when things go array. I would not worry - the day is what you make of it.

All in all, it seems like everyone had a great time - and while some of the scenarios could have been prevented (i.e. people being more careful with the brides belongings), it sounds like all of the amenities and resources were made available which is great.

Thanks for sharing all the stories - I am even more excited and confident that Carolina and the resort will pull through! :)

Exactly sungoddess, theres nothing to worry about. I think my room wasn't cleaned because I was in it all day, other then the 2 hours I was getting my hair done, and that was from 11-1, and there are alot of rooms per floor, so I'm sure she was just busy at that time.

Really theres nothing to worry about, Carolina has ALOT to do, the day Tracy and I got married we were number 3 and 4. The weddings were at 12, 2, 4 and 6. So she is busy but does her job VERY WELL. I thought I was being a little demanding when we went in there, but she didn't mind at all, she did everything I asked for. She is amazing :)

I got married at the palace on April 22. I had a few hiccups as well the biggest one was that my dress was not returned to my room until 30 minutes before the wedding started at 3:00. It was picked up the night before to be steamed. After a few phone calls it was finally sent to my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree, I wouldn't say don't get married here. If you want a DW expect all resorts to have a lot of weddings per day.

When I think about the wedding, I only think of amazing memories. And I wouldn't have changed anything even if I knew there would be a few hiccups.

I met with Carolina on Sunday 2 days before the wedding, we went through everything I wanted, cake, flowers, dinner, breakfast the next morning. Dj and beach party. Colour of the sash.

I told her I had a lot of things i wanted her to set up, she told me to leave our bags at the first desk of our resort and she'd pick it up. So I did, but I was a little late doing so, I left it there Sunday evening.

But I found out she only got it 30 mins before our wedding time. because of this I wanted 3 tables and a head table, she didn't have the time for it. But it turned out to be perfect and more intimate.

She was so sweet tho, right after our first dance she pulled us aside,with a facial expression of stress, she let me know it was only 1 table. She really went out of her way to let me know and how sorry she was. I said it was just fine, especially after getting married.. anything would have been perfect.

We had dinner (menu on each plate, with our names on it) dinner was good, some ppl like it some ppl didn't (me!!!) I suggest not going for the chicken and pasta (it's one mixture)

Afterwards we went to the beach party for 3 hours,the bar tender (JR) was amazing and so much fun!!! Our dj was hilarious and truly made the party.

Poor courtney got married before me, and we could see the rain come. It did get a little confusing not knowing what to do and where to get married because you need to let Carolina know 2 hours before if you want hemmingways decorated. I'm so happy for us it seriously stopped raining right before she went down. And it was cloudy but not raining for me. The only downer was we had to rush our photo session after the ceremony as we were losing light, real fast.

yes I didn't get a flew things back, but thats ok!!! matters most to us, was we are married!!!!! and that everything I really wanted I got back like the cameras I left for people to do scavenger hunt, my flutes, and my cake topper. Oh and my sand ceremony kit.But I made sure to bring most of those things back to my parents room when I went and got changed.

The more I write and the more I remember. There really wasn't any hiccups or disappointments. Just perfect!!! You'll all realize that it's not the small details that matter anymore at that point. Just friends family and you two.

Please guys don't worry Sungoddes got it right on the nose, we were all happy!!!! and we seriously can't wait to go back, it'll def be Grand Palladium.

Now that you all know there can be confusion in getting things back and if they are important that you do, make sure yourself. And Make sure your aware of your package going there (cause I forgot) it's why it was so simple to forget the free gift and chamgane. So if these things are seriously really important to you, just make sure you get it. Clearly it wasn't the biggest issue for us in not getting the few other things, we felt we got wha we paid for!

Like I said, we're not at all worried about the wedding or the details around it. Neither of us really care about the details, hence we're going away and letting someone else (Carolina) take care of everything and just give us whatever decorations she happens to have.

I was really only worried about people saying the rooms weren't cleaned. The point about being in the room when they're supposed to be cleaning maybe preventing them from cleaning was a great point though.

Thanks for the pep talk girls. It helps! :)

Now if it only were already November. I can't wait for my trip back to the DR! This time will be so much better than my first trip there, just because it's for my wedding! Yay!

Thanks Tracy!! I still love your pics -- I keep showing them to FI and we can't wait!!!! the ceremony looks amazing.

Were you going to have it on the beach originally? That is my plan - but I want to do dances after the ceremony so I'm not sure waht to do! I really want my feet in the sand -- but the gazebo looks amazing in yours and Dawn's pictures!

p.s. My last day of Teachers college tomorrow!! Wooot!

msredbird51

Honestly, thats the way to go, you def have the right frame of mind. Good for you.I on the other hand got so caught up on detail, It wasn't even funny. Then I get there and I didn't even care.

I on the other hand never ever had a problem with my room getting clean, them maid was actually there when I came back from my hair appt, but she hurryed up and was out of there real quick, actually she came back when the photographer came and took some of her own pics, kinda made me feel special, so did our butler lol

The on ly problem I had was getting my fridge re stocked, they actually only came every second day. But we were on the royal side, so we'd just go to the lobby where they have fride stocked with everything and you just grab what you need for the night. They even had another fridge filled with sandwhichs, which were perfect for your sobering up moment before bed time!! :)

Sungoddes,

I'm so happy your so excited, how can you not be right!! I'm def excited to see your pictures, they'll be just as amazing. I'm so happy you and the FI enjoy watching the pics, means you guys feel like you made the right decision in doing a DW.

FOr the ceremony, the way I saw it was, I'd get married with a little more privacy plus still in a beautiful gazebo, and you still get the ocean as your backround. Then you get all your guest to take pictures at your beach party, plus the photographer will take you on the beach after the ceremony, where you have more of a chance of not getting so many people in the pics. Plus the TTD, I just figured I had enough beach/ocean picture that it didn't matter if I wasn't getting married directly on the beach. When I went down there, I didn't want to hear about the gazebo, just wanted the beach.. but you see the lounge chairs next to your set up, plus your chances of having ppl tanning are high. believe it or not ppl will not move, they want to see it up close and personal. There is no garud to keep people back, which made my decision that much easier.

We'll all here for any questions or concern, love to help out fellow brides!!! :) :)

holy cow ,the pics are huge.. I'll have to fix that..sorry guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msredbird51 View Post
Am I remembering correctly--did one of you girls use HDC as your photographer? This is who I'm strongly leaning toward, just haven't booked anything yet. Was hoping I could see some recent pictures from one the weddings at the Grand Palladium before I booked.
I used HDC, and so did BeachBum, from what I remember, maybe even Danielle,oh and Carrie for sure did cause we were picking the pictures the same time/day(oh, whats her username!!)
All of the pics are from them that I've left links to. I promise you, you will not regret booking them. I'd do it A.S.A.P he gets booked fast now!!
He even made me the cd's covers of one of our pictures, looks like a magazine.. at first I didn't even know it was us!!!
I'll scan it and post tomorrow. (actually the picture of the two of us is the picture he choice as the sleeve cover)
I fixed them but still showing big.. so odd!!!!