Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBuckley View Post
I am traveling Sunwing too and today I have been shifting things among suitcases! Trying to fit the Welcome bags in. I had to remove the metal water bottles we are giving everyone because if the bag can't lay flat I can hardly fit them in the suitcase! My sister is coming for Easter dinner this weekend so I think she will be taking her welcome bag and the bags for her kids. She may also carry a few others for us because we will be way over the weight limit... after all... we have to think of all those shoes!!! Yikes!
At first I thought it was 22kg per bag, and 2 bags per person, but no 2 bags and one carryone for a total combined weight of 25 kg.... so crazy, i had to say my fiance was right when he said we are not bringing extras down we will buy favors there...clothes, shoes, appliances (blowdryer, straitner) the limit will add up quick... my carry-on is my dress- the bridal salon i purchased it from has these special garmet boxes made specifically for travelling on planes= which is a relief becuase apparently sunwing doesnt have an area to hang your dress...

No problem!! Now I'm looking for something to have the ring bearer hold the rings on. Trying to avoid a pillow, but it looks like it might be my only opition.

We're flying with Canjet, 44lbs, but I got a special request and was add an extra 11lbs. The OOT bags I'm handing to everyone before we all leave. I knew we would have never had enough room if i would have kept them and just handed them out down there. So the only ones I need to take are 8 but I will give them to other guest to bring down lol!!

hey that's what MOH and BM are for !! lol.

sooo I have a delima, I hope you girls can help me. I finished my centerpieces. And I HATE them they look so freaking tacky. I'm hoping someone would have a better idea for me. I want to keep the vase (cause they are so light) but I don't think I want to keep the fake flowers. So I was thinking, maybe filling them up with Punta Cana side and then putting a candle on top, but then I was thinking there will be no flowers (does it matter?) but also I bought seashell candle holders to go around the centerpiece, will it be to much candles, not enough of anything anythings? HELP!!!! I know this isn't the time to be starting new projects, but I can't help it.. worse nightmare ever about 'em!!

this is what it looks like now, however the purple beads were a trailer, the real thing would have been clear beads.

Click the image to open in full size.

sooo what can I do with them?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca View Post
At first I thought it was 22kg per bag, and 2 bags per person, but no 2 bags and one carryone for a total combined weight of 25 kg.... so crazy, i had to say my fiance was right when he said we are not bringing extras down we will buy favors there...clothes, shoes, appliances (blowdryer, straitner) the limit will add up quick... my carry-on is my dress- the bridal salon i purchased it from has these special garmet boxes made specifically for travelling on planes= which is a relief becuase apparently sunwing doesnt have an area to hang your dress...
I called CanJet and AirTransit (that who we originally flying with) both of these companies allow you to bring a carry on your purse and it's free for your wedding dress as a bride.
So call sunwing, they may do the same. I know they don't have a closet, but it should still be free to take it on the plan. I plan on just keeping it in my lap for 4 hours (it'll be long plan ride!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I called CanJet and AirTransit (that who we originally flying with) both of these companies allow you to bring a carry on your purse and it's free for your wedding dress as a bride.
So call sunwing, they may do the same. I know they don't have a closet, but it should still be free to take it on the plan. I plan on just keeping it in my lap for 4 hours (it'll be long plan ride!!)
LOL... that was my plan b- spending some close quality time with my dress on my lap... whhat ever it comes down too cuz that sucker is not being checked with the luggage...

Has anyone has problems with this Sky Service Dillema?? I know some tour operators charter flights through this Airline... thank god Sun wing has there own fleet... if that wasnt the case I think I would have had a major breakdown... geez

Hi April Brides!!

Hope everyone is feeling more excited than nervous. Pretty please post pics and reviews for the rest of us brides getting married after April. I haven't seen any recent pictures or reviews and am DYING to get more info and help before my turn in May.

~Rebecca

I have been having wedding dreams that don't go well! haha...like I forgot my dress and D gave me my suitcase at the airport and it was empty!! That I forgot my music, or shoes. That we missed our flight (a lot of flying dreams since I'm terrified :S)

haha things like that -- I'm fine while I'm awake, but apparently there's a hidden fear about it that comes out when I'm trying to sleep peacefully!

A sigh of relief for those of us flying with Sunwing, I called them today and asked about the closet on the plane for our dresses and they said that there IS a closet near the front of the air craft and we can put our dresses in there. Hopefully there aren't a whole bunch of brides on our flights that we have to share the closet with!! lol

Hope this helps :)

Has anyone booked an outside photographer? I've been looking around and contacted a few people advertised on this forum, but am not sure about who to choose. I was all excited about PhotoSouvenir, based on all the reviews here, but the prices they sent me made my eyeballs pop out of my head. Any thought on who you're using and cost?