Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBuckley View Post
Tracy,
We are doing the beach party too. I had originally reserved with the wedding planner to have the Bohio (?) restaurant on the beach but now she says that its an additional $1000 and the beach party is lovely so we are just doing that. I asked the travel agent to get me pictures of the beach party but she hasn't yet. I would love to see how it is decorated.

Nonnie... if you have any photos of the beach party, please post. We'd love to see what the set up was like.

As for my decor, so far, since I dont want to cart heavy glass there, I found some clear plastic trays (small and square that look like glass) and am playing with either a candle in the middle with coloured sea glass around OR a silk flower in the middle. Still looking for that. Once I perfect something I will have to post for everyone's opinion. If anyone needs these after, you are welcome to them. Because my bridesmaids are in Cobalt blue with my jr bridesmaid in blue and turquoise, the sea glass should look okay.

Here's a question for everyone... my dress is Ivory. Girls are in Cobalt blue. FI is now thinking of either white shirt with sand dockers or royal shirt that matches the girls dresses, with sand dockers. Should the guys be wearing the royal and he wear the white or the other way around? Or should all the guys including FI wear the royal? Ugh.. what to do, what to do!
Hi Dawn,
Oh really, that's great.. I don't feel so alone.. I really thought it would have just been me to do the private beach reception party for the 3 hours after dinner. What are going to do for music?
I decided to buy a docking system and downloaded all my 3 hours worth of music, I've got my uncle to MC and play the music when needed.
I just found $1000 dinner for 24 of us who already paid all inclusive wasn't worth it. Especially for those are will have a AHR

The decor your talking about, would be the centerpiece for the dinner tables?
Any how they sound to cute and pretty, can't wait to see pics.
How is all your planning coming along? I gave my self a limit saying I had to be done a month before we leave, so I have 11 days to finish up everything from making the sign's for the scavanger hunt for the cameras to finishing the OOT bags, to making a list for prelude music, burning the music to cd for the ceremony.. so much more.. my head is spinning.

In my opinion ( not that is counts for much lol) I think the guys should have the matching shirts of your girls, and your FI wear a shirt close enough to the colour of your dress. This is what we are doing, but I can see it going the other way too, just think it'd be to much blue.

Quote:
Tracy,
Is the first bouquet shown extra or is it included in the package? I had never seen this one and I love it.
Yes if I am not mistaken, the first bouquet is included in the package, maybe even the second one.

Well if you get a pic of the way it get's set up for the reception party, please send it this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Hi Dawn,
Oh really, that's great.. I don't feel so alone.. I really thought it would have just been me to do the private beach reception party for the 3 hours after dinner. What are going to do for music?
I decided to buy a docking system and downloaded all my 3 hours worth of music, I've got my uncle to MC and play the music when needed.
I just found $1000 dinner for 24 of us who already paid all inclusive wasn't worth it. Especially for those are will have a AHR

The decor your talking about, would be the centerpiece for the dinner tables?
Any how they sound to cute and pretty, can't wait to see pics.
How is all your planning coming along? I gave my self a limit saying I had to be done a month before we leave, so I have 11 days to finish up everything from making the sign's for the scavanger hunt for the cameras to finishing the OOT bags, to making a list for prelude music, burning the music to cd for the ceremony.. so much more.. my head is spinning.

In my opinion ( not that is counts for much lol) I think the guys should have the matching shirts of your girls, and your FI wear a shirt close enough to the colour of your dress. This is what we are doing, but I can see it going the other way too, just think it'd be to much blue.

Yes if I am not mistaken, the first bouquet is included in the package, maybe even the second one.

Well if you get a pic of the way it get's set up for the reception party, please send it this way!

We thought the Bohio was a little pricey too... it's supposed to be all inclusive after all, so another $1000 plus $9 per person... yikes! And on top of that, we have to purchase the $1300 package. We chose to have a dj for $250 for the beach reception. I will have to burn a cd with songs that we want on it. Hopefully I can find out what music he has. By the sounds of it, if we marry at the gazebo, Carolina may have a cd player and I can just have someone play our music for the ceremony. We have not really planned any of the ceremony yet and we don't have the items for a sand ceremony either.. I better get crackin!

I think I prefer the FI in a white shirt too (my dress is ivory)... photos of the two of us alone might look weird if he is in blue.. not sure.. anyhow.. have to have a dry run and see what it looks like. Maybe the guys can have blue shirts and a light boutoniere and he can have a light shirt and blue boutoniere... I don't know! Mama!!

We are also planning the AHR for June. That's what we told everyone and I think there will be a lot of people. That's gonna be tough too because we have close to 40 for the wedding in the Dominican.. so much more costly than we originally anticipated. Don't want to go cheap on the AHR but we may have to! Yikes! Are you having your AHR as soon as you get back? Will you wear your dress again? I don't know what we will do... I guess it depends if we have it at home. We have a large lot and thought about a tent but I think a big tent will be very very pricey...lots to think about. Guess I better handle the actual wedding there first! I am still working on my OOT bags too. Also need to do name tags on the favours becuase we got jewellery (larimar earrings) for each female guest and a Little Black Book of BBQ for each guy (FI chose this. Originally I wanted a Cocktail book so the guys could go to the bar and try different cocktails, but the FI saw that they had Little Black Book of BBQ and since guys like to BBQ, that's what he wanted the guys to have.)

We are also doing OOT bags for each couple (and for each single girl). I bought decks of cards but still need to do the "A perfect Pair" decals on it... have to make it first! Ugh... lots to do. Thank God I work from home. And Still there doesn't seem to be enough time.

My dress arrived in Montreal so I have a fitting next Friday. Which means I need shoes asap! Will have to go to St. Laurent mall this weekend to see what they have. Do you have all your accessories. etc?

The centerpieces I am working on are for the dinner. I think we will have a few tables of 4 and a few of 6. Plus the head table. I don't think the table of 4 is that big (Nonnie.. if you are reading this, can you fill us in on the setup of the restaurant), so the centerpiece is not going to be huge.

I really would love to see how the beach will be set up. I don't plan on bringing any decor for that so I hope it will be nice. Maybe I should get some coloured paper lanterns just in case it needs an extra touch. What do you think?

Thanks!! :) We originally had October, but were worried about hurricane season and also my FI's mom is a teacher -- so the end of June worked better for her. Also, I'm graduating from teachers college this April, so hopefully I will have a job by October! So it just ended up working out better to move it up -- plus, it's sooner! !:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
Just another question - I've been reading what you guys wrote about the beach party but I'm still confused. What are the costs for this -- like, the 3 hour private beach party. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it for us, we will only have 15-20.

Can you guys let me know? Thanks!

Hi SunGodess!
I was told that the Beach Party is $9 US per person. They set up on the beach for a few hours after your dinner. We opted for the dj for $250. Originally, my travel agent thought we could reserve the Bohio on the beach so that we could dance on a floor basically, but she later found out that in addition to the $9 per person, we would have to pay an additional $1000 to use the Bohio. She is trying to send me pictures of the beach party set up because we are going for that. The $1300 package I was referring to was for the judge, cake, champagne toast, etc. which is one of the wedding packages at the hotel. The hotel includes the dinner in one of the restaurants and you choose your menu once you arrive at the hotel. Anything after that is additional cost. Hope this helps!

Dawn

Quote:
We thought the Bohio was a little pricey too... it's supposed to be all inclusive after all, so another $1000 plus $9 per person... yikes! And on top of that, we have to purchase the $1300 package. We chose to have a dj for $250 for the beach reception. I will have to burn a cd with songs that we want on it. Hopefully I can find out what music he has. By the sounds of it, if we marry at the gazebo, Carolina may have a cd player and I can just have someone play our music for the ceremony. We have not really planned any of the ceremony yet and we don't have the items for a sand ceremony either.. I better get crackin!

I was told you get married at the gazebo or at the beach, she has a sound system for cd's for the ceremony(I hope, I am doing it on the beach,and need a sound system) Let me ask you what songs you have for the ceremony as you too are doing a legal one.
Prelude while guest are being seat (I have it, do you.. should I keep it)
Bridemais walking down
Me and my daddy
Signing paper song
exit song
I have no music for during the toasting (should I, do you?)
We don't need music for dinner as we are having it at a restaurant, that has music, and ppl are in there so you wouldn't hear it. Oh yeah I fogot your not allowed music in there anyway.
I'm having the cocktail hour at one of the lobby bars, so again no need of music.
I bought a docking system for $144 (with tax) for the beach party. I am hoping oh so much it'll be loud and clear enough. guess we'll test it once we are down there. I heard the dj is now $200 (bonus, saving money!!)

I think I prefer the FI in a white shirt too (my dress is ivory)... photos of the two of us alone might look weird if he is in blue.. not sure.. anyhow.. have to have a dry run and see what it looks like. Maybe the guys can have blue shirts and a light boutoniere and he can have a light shirt and blue boutoniere... I don't know! Mama!!

ohh I like the ivory dress colour, but it didn't good with my skin colour.
I agree, it'd look a little off with the pics of just you 2 with a blue shirt.
Is he wear a suit, or casual? makes a difference.
I just hate the crunch time, makes us have to make so many more decisions, I'm with you!!
Let us know how the run through of the attire goes!!

We are also planning the AHR for June. That's what we told everyone and I think there will be a lot of people. That's gonna be tough too because we have close to 40 for the wedding in the Dominican.. so much more costly than we originally anticipated. Don't want to go cheap on the AHR but we may have to! Yikes! Are you having your AHR as soon as you get back? Will you wear your dress again? I don't know what we will do... I guess it depends if we have it at home. We have a large lot and thought about a tent but I think a big tent will be very very pricey...lots to think about. Guess I better handle the actual wedding there first! I am still working on my OOT bags too. Also need to do name tags on the favours becuase we got jewellery (larimar earrings) for each female guest and a Little Black Book of BBQ for each guy (FI chose this. Originally I wanted a Cocktail book so the guys could go to the bar and try different cocktails, but the FI saw that they had Little Black Book of BBQ and since guys like to BBQ, that's what he wanted the guys to have.)

We were planning it for our original date when we were planning the in town wedding on July 10th. But we are truly hoping to get out of it. I refuse to make any sort of plans until we get back, I have no patiences to plan and DW and AHR wedding.
I can tell you from all the research from the planning in town wedding, tents are very $$$$. If we do have it, we will have it at one of the legion's in town. Cheap alcohol, cheap rent.
If we do end up having the AHR, I will be wearing my dress (not the TTD dress,the ceremony one) will you?
I on the other hand, will go cheap lol!! but all my family is telling me it's ok since it's not an actual wedding, so I'm totally ok with that.

Wow, your going to have a huge groupe with you, I may steal a guy and have him stand up as a groosmen so it'll be equal lol!! j/k. That's so amazing your having all of those family and friends join you, will all the guest be spending the week with you there, all the same dates?

I really like your earring set for the girls, and the BBQ book for the guys, what an amazing idea, how much did you get these things for?
I just decided to go with 'mint to be' match book dinner favours. I figured I am spending enough on the OOT bags, plus I have to consider my luggage weight, originally wanted to do lanterns, but they were to heavy sad.gif

We are also doing OOT bags for each couple (and for each single girl). I bought decks of cards but still need to do the "A perfect Pair" decals on it... have to make it first! Ugh... lots to do. Thank God I work from home. And Still there doesn't seem to be enough time.

I can't decide if I want to add cards to it, I was searching on here, found a couple of threads of what people put in their bags and what people used, a lot of brides said people didn't even open the cards. I may put some cards in some, and beach ball, football's in others.
I know, I am doing fan labels, sanatizer labels, mug labels, shot glass labels.Not enoughtime, I agree!!!!
People keep saying I'll get it done, so positive thinking.. We will get it done!!

My dress arrived in Montreal so I have a fitting next Friday. Which means I need shoes asap! Will have to go to St. Laurent mall this weekend to see what they have. Do you have all your accessories. etc?

Ohh fun, will you travel down here by yourself? Soo exciting getting your dress!!
I do not have my accessories yet, I am going to swarovski and getting just a necklace and earrings. I will do that sometime in March, probably mid march.

Are you have, or did you have a bachelorette party, or bridal shower?

The centerpieces I am working on are for the dinner. I think we will have a few tables of 4 and a few of 6. Plus the head table. I don't think the table of 4 is that big (Nonnie.. if you are reading this, can you fill us in on the setup of the restaurant), so the centerpiece is not going to be huge.

Who are you putting at the head table? Must be a lot easier for you, with more people. I have 8 people I am still waiting to book, so I have 2 setting,one if they come and one if they don't. I am thinking of just having the parents on the head table, and a table just with the bridal party.

I really would love to see how the beach will be set up. I don't plan on bringing any decor for that so I hope it will be nice. Maybe I should get some coloured paper lanterns just in case it needs an extra touch. What do you think?
I am not even considering bring anything to set up the beach party, I heard you really don't..I was also thinking of the paper lantern's, but where would be put them anyhow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
Perfect!! Thanks -- so it's 9/person for drinks then? so to have the bartender there essentially right? That's not bad at all
$9/US per person for 3 hours, which includes the beach decor, a personal bar tender for you and your guest.
I thouht it was good to to have a little something private for those who can't/wont spend $1000 on a private dinner.
Just have to figure out what you will do for music, hire a dj or do what I am doing.

Hi girls, I've been reading all the posts, wow alot as happened!!!

small question : how long is the full ceremonyhuh.gif I know I reed it somewhere, but can't find it anymore lol I just did a photo shoot with my photographer today, and I told her that my wedding was at 4pm and she seemed a bit worried with the time because of the sunset time in april?!?!