Back from Wedding at ROR!!

Cherie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Thanks for your wonderful review!!! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful experience. I just have a couple questions...(sorry!)

THANKSsmile03.gif
Hi Lizz,
There was a cost to upgrade the bouquet. I think they originally wanted $240, but we haggled down to $195. Outrageous for the bouquet alone! But I loved it so much, my mother and I agreed it was worth it. We had a floral arrangement that sat above the hoopa (see pics) that cost $400. I did have three BM's, but I decided not to get them bouquets. We did have a boutonierre for my husband that was included in the cost of the bouquet. As for the cost of the hoopa, I will have to get back to you on that. I remember seeing the cost of rental for using it for the ceremony and just about choking on my girly rum drink. It was excessive...but again, I loved it blush2.gif
The only extra decor, as I mentioned before was the floral arrangement on the top of the hoopa, and a runner. My mother in law brought her own flower petals for my flower girl. Actually, my mother in law was an absolute god send. She pretty much brought all of the decor for the reception and set it up with the help of my own mother. I don't know what I would have done without her. She was not only our travel agent, but also an assistant wedding coordinator.
I am not 100% positive on this, but I think you have your choice of whether or not you want the downstairs or upstairs at the Plantation. Even though we only used the upstairs, the downstairs was completely empty. Also, the only washrooms were downstairs, and I can't imagine interrupting another wedding to use them! Also, there was a bar downstairs my guests went to if the caterers weren't serving what they wanted.
You can absolutely bring burned CDs for the DJ to put on. Make sure you have your songs in sequence though, because they do not have a computer on which to read the different songs and where they are located.
I hope I mentioned most of your questions. I'll let you know about the cost of the hoopa...in my mind I'm remembering $700-$900...but I could be completely wrong.

Cheers,
Cherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&tyler View Post
Congratulations!! Glad to see that everything worked our for you. Can't wait to see the pics. Did you have to pay extra to have the restaurant reserved for your reception?
Thank you! We reserved the reception at the Plantation and did have to pay an hourly fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M View Post
Hi Cherie

You mentioned how much you liked Michael's work...did you end up buying the prints or the CD? Just not sure what we are going to do yet

Thanks alot
Hi,

We ended up buying a package that included 12 prints to take home in a mini album, and then we bought the DVD with 350 pics. We also decided to have a video made. You also have to pay hourly for Michael and the videographer. It certainly adds up quickly!

Cheers,
Cherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
GORGEOUS PICS!!! You looked beautiful, I love your dress! You're right, your bouquet was GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you!!!!smile03.gif

If I had to do my hair all over again though...I would have put back all of my bangs, rather than having them frame my face. They were out of control in the wind! Also, try and book Nicole for hair at the Renova Spa. Amazing! It was like she was in my head reading my thoughts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Thank you!!!!smile03.gif

If I had to do my hair all over again though...I would have put back all of my bangs, rather than having them frame my face. They were out of control in the wind! Also, try and book Nicole for hair at the Renova Spa. Amazing! It was like she was in my head reading my thoughts!!!
Thanks for the tip!! Is it quite breezy there? If you can think of any other little tips I'd love to hear them (as would we all of course wink.gif)! Did you just pay Chandlyn with credit card? Does she charge a surcharge to pay with credit card did you notice? (Just trying to think of any little details I might miss!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
Thanks for the tip!! Is it quite breezy there? If you can think of any other little tips I'd love to hear them (as would we all of course wink.gif)! Did you just pay Chandlyn with credit card? Does she charge a surcharge to pay with credit card did you notice? (Just trying to think of any little details I might miss!)
It is very breezy on the beach...and we were actually having a calm day! You can pay with a credit card; I think my Mom paid by cash and traveller cheques though. There may be a surcharge...I'll PM you something!

Cheers,
Cherie

I too was wondering about paying with credit card. I have read lots of pages that say we have to use cash...but I think that is there way to pocket some of the money.

The pictures look amazing! Congrats. Even more excited to go after seeing them. You were such a pretty bride. Kinda of dumb question considering where we were all going, but were you hot? I am worried that I will be uncomfortably hot.

Thanks for the pics Cherie. Everything looked soo great. From all of those smiles you all look like you had the best time. I loved your dress & your hair and I love how that blue looks in the pics.

I'm glad you brought up the wind. I was thinking of wearing my hair down but I think I'm having 2nd thoughts. For some reason, I wasn't thinking about wind.

Also loved the hoopa. It was very pretty.

Oh, quick question. I really liked your sand ceremony set. Where did you get that from? Did you get it home ok?

Thanks again!!!