dreams cancun photographer!!

Hi everyone! I am also getting married at Dreams Cancun. I haven't been around on the forum in awhile but I'm trying to catch up slowly now that I'm done with grad school. smile123.gif

Have you guys heard any new information about the photography situation with Cecilia Dumas? I was also thinking about hiring her. Her work is good and her prices are much cheaper than Claudia's.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra2009 View Post
Hi everyone! I am also getting married at Dreams Cancun. I haven't been around on the forum in awhile but I'm trying to catch up slowly now that I'm done with grad school. smile123.gif

Have you guys heard any new information about the photography situation with Cecilia Dumas? I was also thinking about hiring her. Her work is good and her prices are much cheaper than Claudia's.
Unless Cecilia was already hired and approved before these new vendor rules then I do not think she is allowed to do your wedding day photography (only Juan who is included in the package or Claudia's team for extra). Cecilia is doing our TTD pics but I had her booked and approved a few months before these new vendor rules. Hope this helps a little, but doesnt hurt to ask I suppose.

I emailed Cecilia Dumas and said:

I am getting married on July 12, 2009 at Dreams Cancun. I was hoping to hire you as my photographer (if you are available) until I heard that Dreams did not allow private vendors. I have also heard through other brides that you were speaking to Dreams Cancun to be added to their private vendors list. I was wondering what the outcome of that conversation was. Are you able to photograph weddings at Dreams Cancun? If so, are you available on July 12, 2009.

Her response was:

Hello Cassandra, nice to meet you, and congratulations for your wedding!!!!

Thank you very much for contacting me. May I ask you how did you know about me?

Yes, I am still available for your wedding day, and TTD session. I have attached to this mail some packages; if you have any request please let me know so we can work on that together.

The Dreams Cancun Hotel, will ask you to pay a day pass ($50) in order to allowing me to be your photographer, just to let you know.

I also emailed Claudia (the WC) but shockingly she hasn't responded yet haha.

What do you all think about that? Do you think I can use her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra2009 View Post
I emailed Cecilia Dumas and said:

I am getting married on July 12, 2009 at Dreams Cancun. I was hoping to hire you as my photographer (if you are available) until I heard that Dreams did not allow private vendors. I have also heard through other brides that you were speaking to Dreams Cancun to be added to their private vendors list. I was wondering what the outcome of that conversation was. Are you able to photograph weddings at Dreams Cancun? If so, are you available on July 12, 2009.
Her response was:

Hello Cassandra, nice to meet you, and congratulations for your wedding!!!!

Thank you very much for contacting me. May I ask you how did you know about me?

Yes, I am still available for your wedding day, and TTD session. I have attached to this mail some packages; if you have any request please let me know so we can work on that together.

The Dreams Cancun Hotel, will ask you to pay a day pass ($50) in order to allowing me to be your photographer, just to let you know.

I also emailed Claudia (the WC) but shockingly she hasn't responded yet haha.

What do you all think about that? Do you think I can use her?

Have you seen this thread yet? http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t18119 This was where I had heard there were no outside vendors. I really hope it works out for you though. Maybe they are being more lenient now? Let us know when you hear back from Claudia.

I spoke with my TA today regarding hiring Cecilia Dumas for our wedding. She contacted Dreams Cancun and they clarafied that I would need to pay the $50 day pass fee for Cecilia Dumas and her staff members (if she brings any). I am just waiting to get the ok in writing!! Once I get the email I will let you know..it may be a while because I am not getting married until Oct 09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaandsy View Post
I spoke with my TA today regarding hiring Cecilia Dumas for our wedding. She contacted Dreams Cancun and they clarafied that I would need to pay the $50 day pass fee for Cecilia Dumas and her staff members (if she brings any). I am just waiting to get the ok in writing!! Once I get the email I will let you know..it may be a while because I am not getting married until Oct 09.
I hope it works out - I've been trying to get info out of them for months as there is a photographer I would like to hire but have been told no day pass no nothing only the 2 I already mentioned! If you do get it in writing I'd be really happy to find out because I'll go through them like a dose of salts. It seems to be one rule for one and one for another and well I'm not playing lol That being said I do hope you get who you want smile36.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaandsy View Post
That would be awesome!! Let us know if you get an answer!! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpacco View Post
If $50 can solve the problem, I think it is well worth it! lolz... Cassondra, do you have prices list from Cecilia? I am kind of in search other than Claudia's Studio since it's a little over my budget.
Thanks
Cecilia Dumas' Photography Packages--She included this in an email that she sent me a few days ago so they should be current.

Option N 1

2 Hours of services

70 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

5 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Group and Family Pictures

Total Price $800

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of pictures 150) $200

Option N 2

4 Hours of services

100 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

10 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Reception

Total Price $1600

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 250 pictures) $200

Option 3

6 Hours of services

150 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

15 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Details, flowers, candles etc.

First dance

Cake Cut

Party Pictures

Total Price $2200

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 400 pictures) $200

Option N 4

8 Hours of services

200 copies 4x6 colour, black &white and sepia

20 copies 6x8

Includes

Bride preparation

Bride Pictures

Bride and Groom Pictures

Ceremony

Details, flowers, candles etc.

First dance

Cake Cut

Party Pictures

Total Price $2600

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken (around of 550 pictures) $200

Special package for the following days after the wedding:

Trash your Dress!!

Bride & Groom in to the ocean!

1 Hour of services

20 copies 4x6 colour, black & white and sepia

3 copies 6x8

CD Rom (high resolution) showing all the pictures taken

Total Price $400

IMPORTANT

Hold the date payment: I request a deposit of 10% of the package selected to secure your Wedding Date. The balance in cash (U.S Dollars or Mexican pesos) or travelers checks from American Express only, the day of the wedding. * DEPOSITS ARE NOT RE-FUNDABLE

Photos delivery: Will be ready to 2 days after the wedding, if you leave before this time, I will send the photos by fast mail to your home address.

Thanks for your time.

Cecilia Dumas & Associate Photographer