Dreams Tulum vs Dreams Cancun, trying to decide!

Does anyone have any input to share? I LOVE the wedding gazebo at Cancun, but I think the resort looks kinda cheesy.

However, I like the look of the resort in Tulum, but I don't like the beach setup as much as the gazebo in Cancun. The Chapel looks pretty, but I may have too many guests for that (I'm guessing 30-40).

Just out of curiosity do they have alternate ceremony locations?

Any input on the food or beaches? Is one better than the other?

Thanks so much!

I was married on the beach at Dreams Tulum, and loved it. They have 2 areas they doing weddings on the beach. If you do a search for Dreams Tulum and Dreams Cancun - - there are several reviews for both. All the information you should need will be there.

I was considering Dreams Cancun also. At first I thought alot of friends would be attending so I was going to choose Dreams Cancun for the nightlife. I ended up choosing Dreams Tulum for the location. Tulum Pueblo is a small little town and the beaches are unspoiled. After talking with everyone I realized there would be more family then friends so Tulum worked out better for me.

I think Dreams Cancun looks beautiful and so does Tulum. It's a tough choice = )

There are many ladies on here that have been married at both. Try looking under wedding reviews.

Here are the main differences I considered when choosing between teh two. In the end, Dreams cancun was my 1st choice but more expensive so I went with Tulum.

ceremony location: dreams cancun has an amazing gazebo on a cliff overlooking the ocean, set-up at dreams tulum set-up is average

rooms: there are lots of complaints about the rooms at Dreams Tulum (but if everyone reserves the dreams suites they should be fine, but if they reserve deluxe garden view, which are the bad ones, then they are not on equal ground with other resorts)

Location: Dreams cancun is closer to the airpot and there is lots of nightlight around, whereas there is very little to no nightlight at Dreams tulum and surrounding areas (would have to go to playa del carmen which is like half an hour or another away). There is also lots of other activities around, including shopping and golf which are much farther away when staying in Tulum. On the other hand Dreams Tulum has the ruins really close by and lots of other historical and fun things to do like xel-ha park. These things are all over an hour from cancun. But dreams tulum is far from the airport.

Price: when I was searching Dreams Tulum was always about 100-300$ less per person for a one week all inclusive vacation.

I just got back from Dreams Tulum. It was my 3rd choice but once I arrived I immediately fell in love with the place! Yes it is far( the last resort on the strip) but it's worth it. I rented a car and it took my exactly 1 hr and 20 min to get from the Hertz shop at the airport to the front gate of the resort. But the resort is amazing! Food is good, often times great!! And the service was just outstanding. I stayed in an oceanside jr. suite room so I can't speak on the other rooms. My room was big, beautiful, and had an amazing bathroom with robes, slippers, a jacuzzi. What can I say, I fell in love!

I chose the wedding chapel because it is so beautiful. The pictures just don't do it justice. Then we will have the cocktail hour on the beach and the reception at an open patio/restaurant called Seaside Grill. Please note, the beach area designated for the ceremony/reception/ cocktail hour is beautiful and to the right of the resort. Meaning you have a somewhat private place. No fat bellies will be walking by while you say I do!

FYI Sandra is a very busy woman. And she is almost always walking around the property taking care of weddings ( I hear they have one EVERYDAY). That's why it takes so long for her to respond. If you have more questions feel free to ask. I am so glad I finally chose my resort and know my guests are going to LOVE it.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7905

Here is a thread where they have talked about the pros & cons of both. Please do a search before posting something. We are trying to minimize the number of repetitive threads on this forum. You are in luck- the dreams resorts may be the most popular on the forum. You will find tons of information.

Morgan,

Thank you for the link. I have read several threads regarding both resorts, but I missed the one comparing the 2. I do want to make a comment though regarding your post and I have seen this done in other threads as well.

It is almost like you are chastising me for asking a question. Yes, I have searched and I read as much as I can get my hands on. However, there are threads several pages long and don't directly answer my specific questions.

This message board is wonderful, but it has really irritated me seeing that done to other people as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Morgan,
Thank you for the link. I have read several threads regarding both resorts, but I missed the one comparing the 2. I do want to make a comment though regarding your post and I have seen this done in other threads as well.
It is almost like you are chastising me for asking a question. Yes, I have searched and I read as much as I can get my hands on. However, there are threads several pages long and don't directly answer my specific questions.
This message board is wonderful, but it has really irritated me seeing that done to other people as well.
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t14777
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t13834

Read through these two posts & you will understand why I replied the way I did. My reply was not intended to be rude at all & I feel I was very friendly. Our moderators works very hard to keep this forum organized. We are all trying to work together to keep down the frequency of repetitive posts.