Photo

i need feedback on new website speed please :)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

The first couple took a little longer (~4-5 seconds). Then it got up to speed (2 seconds). Love the big pictures now! The little girls giggling at the couple are so cute. That's the photobooth couple right? I listen to the Morgan song all the time from their wedding slideshow. It's my theme song when I enter a room now.

#42 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

thanks morgan. that is the photobooth couple. i just posted a new photobooth couple on my blog though.

thanks for looking and for the feedback. have a good day! leigh

ps - my names not morgan but i love that song too!

#43 Dbld78

Dbld78
      • Banned
      • 665 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

love it, love it, love it! are you using kubota actions? or are you doing the effects in lightroom? either way they look great you have an awesome eye!

#44 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

I saw this wedding on your blog Leigh- great choice! This is such a fun couple and a fun group. That little girl has the most amazing eyes... LOVE her! Anyway, before I get carried away about your work, I'll get back to task...lol The site still loads the same for me: I timed the pictures at 3-4 seconds each, and I have Comcast High Speed internet (cable). If I wasn't a bride looking at your pics, I might now wait to watch an entire wedding, but if it was someone/something I was interested in I would LOVE the large pictures and modern appealing desing. I really like it!

Is it bludomain? ... or if it's a secret you don't have to tell :)

#45 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

thanks ladies. to answer your questions - i use kubota plus other actions. and sarah it is a bludomain. its not a secret anyone can buy the template. there are plenty of this website floating around. you just hope your images stand out!!!

#46 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by leigh miller
              thanks ladies. to answer your questions - i use kubota plus other actions. and sarah it is a bludomain. its not a secret anyone can buy the template. there are plenty of this website floating around. you just hope your images stand out!!!
              Exactly. The website is to showcase the pictures. I really like your layout. It's not at all busy so we can see what we came to see- the pictures.

Someday I'll have Kubota actions :) For now I'm playing around with free actions I can download. Is it wrong to put photoshop actions on your bridal registry?

I'm listening to my song again. My lab is coming up with theme songs for everyone so I pulled up your slideshow to play them "my song". We got a new member yesterday, so we started playing her a theme song when she enters the room. We like to make people feel welcome.

#47 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

I've been looking at a lot of bludomain sites lately because I need to upgrade my website, and I have noticed that there are definitely some that seem to get swallowed up in the actions of the site- where the site is much nicer than the pictures.

Your is the opposite- you don't notice how cool the site is, because your pics are so great. I think you've done a great job at selecting really good images that work well in that full-page format. Can't wait until you go live with this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users