Photo

Question to my fellow Canadian brides...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ange

Ange
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

I was wondering what are the required documents for the ceremony, I've received a different list from the wedding sales coordinator and my TA, both of which had only two documents that pertained to us: certified copies of our passports and birth certificates. But today when we were at our lawyer's getting them notarized she mentioned she had to do an affidavit for another couple stating their addresses and work info and that kinda stuff. Neither my TA or the wedding sales coordinator made mention of this document, any of you know what that is? I'm still worried about getting down there and the people refusing to marry us!

#2 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hey! I am getting married in two weeks and all I provided was notarized copy of our birth certificates and passports! Perhaps your lawyer was talking about a couple getting married in a country other than Jamaica, because different countries have different rules... Jamaica's are simple, which I love!
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 nat4crim

nat4crim
      • 163 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

The documents you require will depend on the country you are getting married in. I would look up the wedding requirements on the internet of which country you are getting married at. I wish I could help more but we are doing the legal aspect of the wedding here in Canada, which only requires a marriage license and an officiant.

#4 J&M

J&M
        • 173 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ange
          I was wondering what are the required documents for the ceremony, I've received a different list from the wedding sales coordinator and my TA, both of which had only two documents that pertained to us: certified copies of our passports and birth certificates. But today when we were at our lawyer's getting them notarized she mentioned she had to do an affidavit for another couple stating their addresses and work info and that kinda stuff. Neither my TA or the wedding sales coordinator made mention of this document, any of you know what that is? I'm still worried about getting down there and the people refusing to marry us!
          Hi Ange

What I did was photocopy the birth certificates and passports then got the postmaster to notorize them
          after i mailed them i send Chandlyn an email to ask her to email me when she receives them to let me know if they are good

#5 Ange

Ange
          • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Great thanks everyone. It seems my lawyer was thinking of another country, I've done a bunch of researching and my FH called Vitatl Stats as well and they said that notarized copies of the birth certificates and passports are all we require.

#6 mopher

mopher
            • 60 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

I sent my documents down and they said they good and they didn't have anything with residence or occupation...however I noticed when we were looking at other resorts in Jamaica a couple of them required that information too. Maybe it just depends who is marrying you.

#7 Ange

Ange
              • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Phew, thanks feeling better!

#8 Ange

Ange
                • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Phew, thanks feeling better!

#9 Ange

Ange