8 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:22 PM

Has anyone used bee pollen? Someone at work said it helps with energy and memory, both of which I could use help with. Has it worked for any of you?

ok so it's not a bee, but it's the closet i could find!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Ummm, memory and energy I could totally use help with! I swear I don't remember half my childhood, but at least my friend Elaine can tell me everything down to the outfits we wore on whatever occasion it is that i forogt all about!

#3 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
    • 1,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

i think i used bee pollen for my memory but i cant remember if it worked or not....

heheh sorry just a little joke i havent heard much about the memory improvement but ive heard it helps for people with allergies. kind of like getting a vaccine in a way

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

i use bee pollen.

i put it in oatmeal in the morning along with 1 TBS ground flaxseed, 1TBS raw wheat germ, some cinnamon and a splash of soy or rice milk.

bee pollen is notorious for energy, stamina and helping you to feel full along with many, many other benefits. the taste is a little weird at first but once you get used to it, no big deal.

also, i know some people that will eat 1 TBS an hour or 2 before a party or big dinner to push off hunger and not eat as much!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Interesting, and where do I find this mysterious bee pollen?? I think I need to get me some.

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

i get mine from The Vitamin Shoppe

Click the image to open in full size.
            make sure you get the granules and not pills or capsules!

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hmmm, very interesting. My mom used to get local honey & honey comb for me to eat when I was younger because it helped with my horrible allergies. I didn't know about the pollen stuff!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Chrsita - did it really help with your allergies? Mine are killer and if that worked for you, I'd def try it out!

#9 Samantha S

Samantha S
                • 369 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

Just reviving this thread because I recently started taking local bee pollen for allergies. I have terrible allergies and claritin, zyrtec, the generics were not working at all. I went to an acupuncturist (we have two naturopath schools here and I went to one where they only charge $10 for group acupuncture, woo hoo!) and she had me start taking local bee pollen, an herb she prescribed me and gave me acupuncture. Not to sound infomercial but a week and a half later I have no allergy symptoms and am off the claritin. (still getting acupuncture once a week)

Sooo, to speak to the energy and hunger thing-- it does give you energy! I never heard about the hunger thing but i have not been hungry at all the past few days and now it makes sense!!

To rid allergies you need to take bee pollen that is collected in the area you live in. I got it from the local Farmer's Market. It was $9 for a ziploc bag size of it. Got it a week and a half ago and still have lots left. i am gettiing used to the taste and usually have it with yogurt or oatmeal. I highly recommend it! Even if it doesn't do anything positive for you, it is harmless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users