Photo

Where did you get your flower girl dress?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 coreyphil

coreyphil
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

I'm not actually having a flower girl ... but I'm looking for a dress for my 8-yr-old daughter .

Has anyone ordered from either of these websites?

Online Flower Girl Dresses Catalog- Flower Girl Dress - PEGEEN

or

Little Flowers by Odyssey Wear

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

corey, i havent used either of those but i thought i would give you one more to consider... Flowergirls Thumbnails

a friend of mine got her BM and FG dresses from here and was very happy with them. i am considering ordering my FG dress from them because they have a showroom in LA where my 5 yr old cousin can go try it on.

they have an awesome "try on" policy in case you dont live anywhere near a showroom - they will send you a dress in a color/size and you can try it and then send it back within something like 3-5 days. they will also send you up to 7 swatch colors at no charge!

#3 coreyphil

coreyphil
    • 497 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mauraw
      corey, i havent used either of those but i thought i would give you one more to consider... Flowergirls Thumbnails

a friend of mine got her BM and FG dresses from here and was very happy with them. i am considering ordering my FG dress from them because they have a showroom in LA where my 5 yr old cousin can go try it on.

they have an awesome "try on" policy in case you dont live anywhere near a showroom - they will send you a dress in a color/size and you can try it and then send it back within something like 3-5 days. they will also send you up to 7 swatch colors at no charge!
      Thanks Maura! The "try on policy" is awesome ... Their dresses are super cute, too. It's always nice to know that someone has ordered from them and been happy!

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

my mom found dresses at TJ Maxx, they were really cute and all the little girls use them for play dresses now. Actually they also had red flowers on them, so I think all the girls wore them for their Christmas dresses too.
      I would look around at department stores or even Marshall's type stores.

Oh and I think quite a few girls (Sarah and Julie for sure) got their girls dresses at Burlington Coat Factory.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 coreyphil

coreyphil
      • 497 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christine
        my mom found dresses at TJ Maxx, they were really cute and all the little girls use them for play dresses now. Actually they also had red flowers on them, so I think all the girls wore them for their Christmas dresses too.
        I would look around at department stores or even Marshall's type stores.

Oh and I think quite a few girls (Sarah and Julie for sure) got their girls dresses at Burlington Coat Factory.
        Thanks Christine! I've been debating because on the one hand we're heading into easter season, so I thought I might find something in stores ... but then I get worried that we WON'T find anything so I think about ordering!!! I need to make a decision soon! :)

#6 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

that's what my Mom did, just after Easter and the little girls were so happy to be in pretty dresses. They all danced and twirled all night.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

here's a collage I did of a few of the kids (it was for one of the grandparents photo albums) Click the image to open in full size.

#8 Jenn79

Jenn79
        • 625 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

My mother-in-law actually made my flower girl's dress. I couldn't find anything I liked on any of the websites or in any fancy stores, so we found a pattern and some beautiful material and she had it finished in a week. She used to make dance costumes for her daughter and is an amazing seamstress.

Click the image to open in full size.
          Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
          Review Pictures Pro Pictures
          "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#9 coreyphil

coreyphil
          • 497 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

Thanks girls! Christine --- the pictures are too cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users