Newbie from Hermosa Beach, CA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lnucks

lnucks
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hi everyone!
    My name is Laura and I am newly engaged for 1 month now! SO EXCITED and yet getting overwhelmed on the planning aspect. We want to get married this summer (2007) in Cancun or Riviera Maya. I've researched a lot of the resorts in this area and all look beautiful. We are planning for about 75 people, both adults and children. Does anyone have any suggestions on all inclusive resorts that let children stay and will be wonderful for a wedding? P.S. - I love this website! What a great network and resource! :-)
    Laura

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

Hello and Congratulations!!!!
      There are so many great resorts to choose from in the cancun RM area. I am planning a wedding at the Occidental Grand Xcaret resort in Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya. This is a great location for child friendly weddings. They have a kids club with fantastic reviews. They also have a child friendly beach/lagoon it is man made and does not have the undertoe or crazy waves that the open beach has. They also have the Xcaret park next door to the resort which each guest receives a 1 day pass too (worth around 60.00 bucks or so). This is like a zoo/aquariam/entertainment park, which is wonderfull for both adults and children. The resort is also very large and spread out and they have both fun pools and quiet pools and seem to do a fairly good job at creating a space where adults can enjoy adult time too. The only bad thing about the Occidental Resort is that there isnt a lot of information from past brides on the internet. This does not mean it isnt a good resort its just that its hard to find info!
      Another great resort is both Dreams Tulum and Cancun. Here are a couple of links that you can check out.

Occidental Grand Xcaret
      Occidental Grand Xcaret - All Inclusive Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico luxury vacations

Dreams Tulum
      Dreams Resorts & Spas - Tulum

Dreams Cancun
      Dreams Resorts & Spas - Cancun

Cancun/RM Accomadations thread on this forum
      http://bestdestinati....com/forum/f10/
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 lnucks

lnucks
      • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:48 PM

Thank you so much Jackie! I just checked out the sites and they were so much help!!! Now on to the next step of contacting the w.c. at the resorts and seeing which dates are available for May, June, July 2007. I'm sure this will narrow my choices! Any other helpful advice is much appreciated...I'm sure I'll have more questions later!
        Laura

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

welcome laura!! we have a bunch of so cal brides on here...jackie beat me to the punch but she has some great information on RM...

here are some suggestions:

dreams cancun
        moon palace

and all the ones jackie mentioned are great!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

Welcome, Laura! Jackie is your gal for your destination - so ask any questions you have! It sounds like you're pretty flexible with your date, so you may also want to rank the resorts or pick out a couple favorites first, and see what's available.

In the meantime, let us know how the rest of your planning is going! I just got engaged at the end of Sept. and so far have my site booked, bought my dress, and hired a photographer - but that's about it! I am slowly checking things off of the list ...

#6 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

Good luck! Let us know if you need any other help.

#7 lnucks

lnucks
            • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:33 AM

Thank you all so much for your help!
              Ann - that's great you got everything done so quickly! Congrats!
              I have a list of my top 7 resorts (RIU Palace, Moon Palace, Azul, Grand Palladium Riviera, Dreams Cancun, Dreams Tulum, and Occidental Grand XCaret) So now I have to contact the w.c. at the resorts and see which dates in June & July they have available. I'm hoping that will narrow my choices and then I can start comparing prices, etc... Does anyone know anything about the Iberostar resorts? Any other resorts you think I should take a serious look at? Thanks girls
              Laura

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:28 PM

hi luara,

to help narrow down your choices, is there a per room/per night max you want to spend?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

Not that this will help much but just wanted to reply back. I havent done much research on the Iberestor resorts. There has to be a reason why I looked them over while trying to decide on a location but I cant seem to remember why. I'll try and check into that a little later. Maybe my memorie will be triggered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users