opinions needed

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

i think that if people only have 6 months to save and make reservations, you should definitely give them a heads up of some sort...but like someone else said, make sure that you and fi are on the same page.

#12 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

SCREAMING right now. i am confused

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

catherine - i agree with everyone else - i think the STD cards are important - people are starting to plan their vacations and need to allocate their time off appropriately. it also depends on how many guests you will be expecting and all that.

have you set a place and started planning the ceremony and reception?

#14 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
          catherine - i agree with everyone else - i think the STD cards are important - people are starting to plan their vacations and need to allocate their time off appropriately. it also depends on how many guests you will be expecting and all that.

have you set a place and started planning the ceremony and reception?
          I have everything but the ring and the ok to shout it from the roof. I think he is waiting to the last minute because he really wants to elope.

#15 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

that makes sense, what about making a compromise on the elopment thing? Do something local with everyone you want to be there (a nice dinner out to celebrate and do your legal ceremony) and then go to a symbolic ceremony just the two of you-that could be really romantic.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#16 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christine
            that makes sense, what about making a compromise on the elopment thing? Do something local with everyone you want to be there (a nice dinner out to celebrate and do your legal ceremony) and then go to a symbolic ceremony just the two of you-that could be really romantic.
            I JUST WANT TO GET MARRIED. WE COULD STAND ON THE CORNER FOR ALL I CARE. i like this smiley

#17 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

I know I got to that point a few times during my planning.
            I would sit down with him and talk to him about this.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

so would you be happy eloping? if so, that's the easiest option. But, only if you know you'd be happy with that. If it's what he really wants you might want to consider it. I thought eloping would be fun because then we could go wherever we want. We chose mexico because it's affordable for guests. if we eloped we would have gone somewhere we've never been before and we would have traveled around more.

#19 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                so would you be happy eloping? if so, that's the easiest option. But, only if you know you'd be happy with that. If it's what he really wants you might want to consider it. I thought eloping would be fun because then we could go wherever we want. We chose mexico because it's affordable for guests. if we eloped we would have gone somewhere we've never been before and we would have traveled around more.
                yes i would have no problem eloping and having a party for our 1st year anni. money has been tight and our son's career is moving forward so it wouldnt bother me

#20 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

hmm that might be an option for you right now then, then you could go somewhere really cool and romantic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users