Photo

Cycling Class

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

I go Spinning once a week! I really like it, but yes, at first, it's tough and it seems like the longest class EVER!! My butt does get sore but you get more used to it after a while. Wear tight workout pants so you don't get a wedgie! Once I started Spinning I really started losing weight, it really helps melt away the pounds! I think my class is less intense than some, the instructor is in her 50's, but she's fabulously fit!
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmhein
      I go Spinning once a week! I really like it, but yes, at first, it's tough and it seems like the longest class EVER!! My butt does get sore but you get more used to it after a while. Wear tight workout pants so you don't get a wedgie! Once I started Spinning I really started losing weight, it really helps melt away the pounds! I think my class is less intense than some, the instructor is in her 50's, but she's fabulously fit!
      Mm... thanks for the tip about the tight pants!

#13 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
      • VIP Member
      • 3,405 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

I do spinning class once a week too. Definately wear really fitted pants...something that won't stick to the seat (nylon) is best....your booty will feel like hell the next day....but it is such a high after the class I promise. the first time I tried spin I kept saying I was going to quit every 5 minutes or so....thinking there was no way I was going to make it 1 hour...I kept pushing and was so proud of myself at the end....it hurts...but very rewarding when you finish! Have Fun!

#14 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

So, I went to the orientation class yesterday -- and after it was over the instructor said a regular class was starting and who wanted to stay.

LOL -- EVERYONE got up and was like NO WAY!!! But I decided to stick it out! The instructor let me use her padded seat cover and it did help a bit but OMG my ass is ssoo sore and that was the hardest part -- having to sit on that friggin seat!

But I did the entire 45 minute class after the 30 minute orientation (whcih was really only about 10 minutes of actual usage). Boy do I feelit today -- but it was definitely a great workout. it will be a nice one to switch up my regular cardio on the treadmill, ellipital or ARC climber so that I don't get too bored. I am definitely investing in either the padded seat cover or the padded shorts though!

Thanks ladies for not letting me chicken out! It was a tough workout but I am trying to stay focused on the prize of looking HOT in my bikini come April!!!

#15 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

I'm so glad you did it!!! Seriously after you do it a few times you will love it and you will see such a difference in your legs and butt!!

You burn mega calories when you do it too!!

The seat was definetly the worst part of the first class, it was so uncomfortable! but it's funny, after a couple times doing it, the seat didn't even bother me anymore. I never even had to get a padded seat. I think its just that first initial getting used to sitting on the hard seat and then your body is okay!

Good Job!

#16 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

A friend of mine goes to the same gym as me and said she goes to the cycling class and that I should try it...so it's on thursday nights and I guess it's so popular that you have to get there like 30 min prior to get a spot! That's annoying..but it's worth check out according to all of you.

Great job Tami for sticking it out and going...

#17 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

Jill -- goot to know the seat aches will go away! Ack! I looked forward to the standing climb position, even thoug it was harder than sitting, but at least my butt wasn't aching. lol

Michelle, Yeah, you have to sign up for the classes ahead of time b/c they are always full at my gym. You can sign up for 2 at a time. they have morning spin classes 2x a week, one on Thursday nights and one on Sunday afternoons. They evidently are all always full.

I'm going to try to do the Thursday or Sunday class once a week.

#18 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

the ones at my old gym were always full too, you could call an hour before class to sign up and it was usually full in about 15 minutes.

#19 coming together

coming together
                  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

Girl, if you want to kick your butt into shape, than cycling is the way to go. It is intense, but it is usually on 45 minutes, and you can rest when needed. I think any group class is great motivation. Grab those biker shorts, and think "hot bikini bod", "hot bride", "sweat those poinds off"!!

#20 junebride2b

junebride2b
                    • 81 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

I love SPINNING! After a week of it you will get used to the seat. It's the only workout I can do in the morning that keeps me motivated. Especially if you have a good instructor...It really tones you up..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users