Vote - DJ or IPOD???

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

we're having a dj, but regret it already. we're paying $800 for 4 hrs of djing, plus lights (think club lights) for 30 people - and the dj doesn't speak english, so no mcing. (NOTE: this was fi's department)
    we both think that with such few people, we should have gone w/ the ipod - and definitely no lights!

#22 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
    • 794 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

We are having around 20 guests so we'll be using the IPOD and it's nice to do our own playlists. We have IPODs and the speaker thing that we use all the time at the house but what is the IPOD setup we use at the resort? How does that work? I've never seen it so I don't get it.
      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#23 Otis1230

Otis1230
      • 130 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

We booked the DJ fpor 200.00 an hour but the WC just told me the IPOD setup is 150.00 an hour. So, I don't know what to do? Some other Paradisus brides were told 150.00 total. I called and emailed her and shes saying 150.00 an hour. We have 25 poeple
        Michael & Lisa
        April 25th, 2008
        Paradisus Punta Cana

#24 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

This is such a hard decision to make! We are having the same problem as we speak. I am not the most music literate person. I just like what I like. Anyhow - we are going to meet with a local DJ and see what he can download onto an Ipod for us and just use the hotel equipment to hook it up to. That way we have current music, plus he has all of the Mexican music that is current here.

Someone made a comment earlier about how the music is outdated at the resorts. Come to think of it, that is probably true. We were in PV and some guy next to us was BOOMIN' a hip-hop song that was 3-4 years old. He was rockin' it like it was the hottest thing!

At our resort it's $130 an hour for a DJ or $40 an hour for the sound system you can hook an Ipod up to. We are only having 40-60 guests, so we decided to just go with the Ipod. I have a charasmatic uncle who can probably emcee.
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#25 lscilley

lscilley
          • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

I say Ipod cause then you can create your own playlists and you have complete control. Plus it's way cheaper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users