Photo

Is anyone walking theirself down the aisle?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

My Dad won't be at the wedding and I thought about my Mom walking me down because she is my best friend but I have decided to walk down by myself. I REALLY like the idea of FI meeting me halfway- that's really sweet.
    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

I did at my first wedding. do what YOU want to do - that's alwasys my advice

#13 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
      • 308 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsInTraining
        My aunt just asked me about this today! My dad will not be at the wedding (couldn't tell you where he is now!). My mom and I joked about her walking me down, but it's just something about that I'm not sure about. I might get my 15 y.o. brother to walk me, we're close. I never thought about the other half meeting me half way...I kind of like that.
        I think having your little brother walk you down the aisle is very sweet, as is having your son do it.

As for the idea of having your FI meet you halfway, I really love the symbolism of both of you walking for a bit on your own (life before you met), meeting halfway (layers of symbolism here), and then begining your new journey into marriage together. Regardless of what you ladies decide, I know your ceremonies will be beautiful and special.

#14 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

i'm walking myself down. I'm totally nervous, not to be alone but seriously I'm clumsy and I just feel like if someone was walking beside me I would be less likely to fall.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#15 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

My dad will not be present and so I just thought that I would walk myself down also....I am a very independent person and have been since like age 16. I love to be with other people...but I LOVE to be by myself...so I just thought that I should give myself away!!!

Well then my grandmother (who can't be there) said that I should have my mom walk me down. I don't really want this but then figured okay maybe I should and maybe i'm weird for wanting to do it solo.

I still haven't really talked to my mom about it, so I don't know her take. But like someone else said, I would much rather have my mom get to see me walk down the aisle.

BTW: I do really love the symbolism in FI meeting halfway....If my mom is okay with not walking me down...then i think I will talk to FI about the halfway thing... :)

#16 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

I'm dealing with the same things... I don't really like the idea of having my dad walk me down the aisle. We're close, and I love him to pieces, but...

There's this part of me that despises the symbol of being given away. I am a grown woman and besides, I am not something that can be "given" away.

My mom (divorced from my dad) had a bit of a freak-out when I told her I didn't really want my dad to walk me down, as did my MOH. Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I just don't want to do it.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#17 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for all of your perspectives! So it's settled, I'm walking alone and having FI meet me half way. (even though it seems from pics that aisle is not that long at ROR)
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#18 SDRBRIDE08

SDRBRIDE08
              • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

I have the same dilemma...i'm walking myself down the aisle because i don't have a good relationship with my dad and my brother who's two years older than me, is not attending my wedding.

#19 newfiebride

newfiebride
                • 196 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

I'm pretty sure i'll be walking down myself...I would prefer to actually. My dad is planning on going (though he hasn't booked his ticket yet :S he's such a procrastinator) but I don't really feel I need someone to "give me away"..i'm a pretty independant chick, always was...

My mom thinks I should but I may only give in to this if my dad seems upset about it...which I dont think he would...he's not one for centre of attention gigs...lol

#20 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                  • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Im sorta walking down by myself.... well with some fijian warriors...lolClick the image to open in full size.
                    But honestly, if my parents were there I would still walk myself down the isle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users