• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 melwru

melwru
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone,
    I have a quick question.

We are getting married at ROR Jan.2009. We plan on using the "free wedding package". Does anyone know if a photographer is included with this package?

check out our wedding website. I had so much fun working on it!
    Shane Wood & Melanie Wrubleski's Wedding Website - WedQuarters

#2 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
    • 203 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

Hi, No the photographer is not included. Its 150.00 for him to come for the ceremony and that includes 8-10 pictures, I cant remember right now sorry, but I did post the price sheet on 1 of these threads. Try to look at Nov's posts.

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

Here's the Riu Photography pricelist for 2008 for all of the wedding packages that they offer. Keep in mind that the prices may change for 2009.

Attachment 1441

Attached Files

#4 Ilandking

Ilandking
        • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

wow, those prices seem like a rip off....30 pics on a CD for $240, they really know how to stick it to the tourists in Jamaica...oh well I hope ALL my guests take some really nice pictures....Marlon

#5 chicago88

chicago88
          • 699 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ilandking
            wow, those prices seem like a rip off....30 pics on a CD for $240, they really know how to stick it to the tourists in Jamaica...oh well I hope ALL my guests take some really nice pictures....Marlon
            Yeah, it seems really high.

I'm still trying to decide if I should get them all on CD & print at home (probably way cheaper) or have them printed there?? What is everyone else doing?

Attached Files

Therese & Jay
            Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#6 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
            • 220 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

I read somewhere even if you do not use Michael and you have another guest photographer you have to pay Michael $150.00, but in the contract it says "If you choose the FREE or the CLASSIC package from RIU, you need to contact the PHOTOSHOP, otherwise you won´t have a professional photographer and – optional – a videographer." So does that mean If I "accidentally" don't set up an appointment I won't have to pay him? I'm not sure what I'm doing but if I choose not to use him I'm not paying for him.

Attached Files

#7 Ange

Ange
              • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

My dad and my sister both have really nice cameras and to be totally honest I was not impressed with the sample pics I received from Michael. I'm going with the free wedding package and I am not booking Michael for anything, nor am I paying him for anything either. From what I've read around the forum he can be pretty pushy but legally he doesn't have a leg to stand on, he can't force you to book him if you don't want him and he definetly can't make you pay for services that you don't request or want.

#8 jthrasher

jthrasher
                • Banned
                • 486 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by GeminiLibra
                  I read somewhere even if you do not use Michael and you have another guest photographer you have to pay Michael $150.00, but in the contract it says "If you choose the FREE or the CLASSIC package from RIU, you need to contact the PHOTOSHOP, otherwise you won´t have a professional photographer and – optional – a videographer." So does that mean If I "accidentally" don't set up an appointment I won't have to pay him? I'm not sure what I'm doing but if I choose not to use him I'm not paying for him.

You don't have to pay Michael anything. You don't have a contract with him so you don't owe him anything. The hotel has a contract with him, which is stupid, because they expect you to use him. You don't have to use him though. The resort my try and charge you a day rate if you bring in an outside photographer, unless your photographer is staying at the resort too.

#9 anolah

anolah
                  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

sorry - stupid question but what does ROR stand for? I'm new to this site..

#10 Kishalee

Kishalee
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 64 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by anolah
                      sorry - stupid question but what does ROR stand for? I'm new to this site..
                      Welcome!! ROR stands for RIU Ocho Rios. I think that there is a posting somewhere with the breakdown of abbreviations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users