Upsetting news

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
    even more disappointing news.. now they have conventions going on until March.. so no luck here!!
    So they can't give you any date until March? Wow, i can't believe that. If you really love this hotel compared to the Meridian. Than i would find a date that's not booked. Even though a 3 day weekend is more convenient for people, i'm sure they won't mind taking a day off if you picked another date.

My date was my 4th choice, all the other ones i wanted were booked.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 ticia277

• 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

That sucks ! My original answer was saying to change the date to Friday, but since they're now not available until March, I say your best bet is to go with your resort choice # 2. Good luck.
      Loving Married Life!

#13 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by yari2566
        Wow, that stinks! Perhaps the Le Meridian can work with you on dates.
        I really hope so.. I guess they make more $$ from these conventions and weddings are #2.. ughh back to square one.. again...

#14 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

Just to add, is it more expensive to fly on President's day? That's something to consider too. They always jack up prices for holidays and I don't know if this one would be an exception.

You may also find that most of your guests will come for a longer period of time- especially if they are travelling far. My guests ended up staying a few days longer than they originally anticipated because it wasn't that much more to add a few days. And they like the added vacation too.
          Happily married since 2008

#15 staceyandadam

• 114 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

My heart goes out to you!!! We had the same problem.. I booked our date last month and when I contacted the wedding planner she said the only date not available (besides sundays) was Valentines day I was sad at first... but we ended up picking Feb 21 which is the number of our race car and Adam's favorite number sooooo he is happy!

#16 dmarie17

• 276 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

I am so sorry! I am going through the EXACT same thing right now with Dreams. They send me a list of dates available, I pick one and then 2 days later when they finally get back to me, the date i picked is 'no longer available'. I am SO frustrated. Good luck to you! I hope that it all works out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users