For Anyone Getting Married or Honeymooning at Couples OR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

We were booked there for our honeymoon and my TA just informed me that they are CLOSED!!!! From April 1st - Dec. 15th for remodeling. Why did they secure our booking and take our money if they knew they were closing Anyway, we are being moved to Negril and offered a 2 night free future stay.

#2 lovefreddy

• 148 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

I am so sorry that happened, that stinks! Everything happens for a reason, you will have a great time!

#3 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

Oh that sucks!!! Did they not know that they were going to be closed when you made the reservation? As long as they are working with you & are apologetic I guess that makes up for your inconveinence. Also, it's certainly better that they let you know prior to your arrival & you got stuck there in the middle of renovations. I know alot of hotels don't close, they just renovate while guests are there & who wants that during their HM? I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself even better!

#4 Sharonie

• 557 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

Yes, I was informed by my TA as well. She has already moved everyone and we will have the wedding at Couples Sans Souci instead. That's fine for us, we're actually paying COR price to stay at CSS, which averages $50 more for the similar category rooms.

#5 AlmostMrsForbes

• 238 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

OK - why hasn't my TA called yet? I left her a message. I saw on the website that Couples will honor requests for which resort to be transferred to until Feb 1 - I imagine they're filling up fast!

I don't want to have to drive all the way to Negril. I hope she calls soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users