• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:49 AM

I just asked my WC for quotes on hair and makeup. I expect that I will probably have to pay a little more since my ceremony involves taking a 45-60 minute boat trip to the site, and the stylist would have to make the trip with us. I also want a trial, since I think I will be picky with my hair, but also because I don't wear makeup and know that it will take some work to get it right (though I may back out and just have a friend do makeup). But I want my hair done by someone who knows what they're doing, for sure!

So anyway - how much did you girls spend for a trial, and day-of hair do? And what else did it include, if anything (makeup, accessories, etc.)?

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

Good question Ann! I need to know this too. I'm thinking of maybe doing my own makeup also. I would hate to look like a clown on my wedding day.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:36 PM

I spent in the neighborhood of $200 when you add in tax and gratuity, for hair and makeup both. No trials though. More than I wanted to pay, for sure, but I also didn't want to go cheap on it and hate the photos forever.

My bridesmaids all did their own makeup and my sister even did her own hair and they all looked great.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

Maye, C quoted me 110.00 for a trial and the day of for Hair and another 110.00 for makeup. the Sheraton charges 50.00 for any appointment

#5 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:09 PM

$110 for makeup?!? wow am I crazy or is that a lot of $$?

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

It includes a trial run.. So it's $60.00 for a trial and then 60.00 for the day of.. Do you still think that's a lot Janet?

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:13 PM

oh, no, i guess I just read it wrong the first time! that sounds better :) I think that's exactly what I paid, but I didnt have the trials

#8 EDYTA

EDYTA
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

Tammy I still think that's a lot of money for makeup...I don't know maybe I'm wrong and besides it is your wedding so splurge, aslong as you love it in the end than that's all that matter

#9 Jackie

Jackie
                  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

I got my make-up done for a wedding I was in last year and I think it cost me 50.00 or so. So that seems about right.
                    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#10 Kyliewylie

Kyliewylie
                    • 153 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Now Amber
                    • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm just going to do my own makeup, and hope that my hair dresser comes down for my wedding - that way I have more control over my look than I think I would have if I went with the resort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users