Photo

Plantation Restaurant vs. Mamee Bay @ ROR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ilandking

Ilandking
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

So now all of a suddent our wedding party jumped from 40 to 60 people. So I now have a couple of problems
    1) Will Mamee Bay be able to accomodate all these people comfortably?
    2) Do I have to pay extra for decorations or is that included in the rental fee?
    3) Do they only rent it out to one wedding party at a time or do they have more than one going at the same time (assuming its a decent size)?

Thanks again..............Marlon

#2 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hi Marlon,
      We have 42 people coming and at one point I thought we may go over the 50 mark and I emailed Chandlyn to see if we could still have our dinner reception at Mammee Bay, and she told me that for over 50 people, the Plantation restaurant will have to be booked... this was several months ago, so you may want to check to see if that's still the case first...
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ilandking
        So now all of a suddent our wedding party jumped from 40 to 60 people. So I now have a couple of problems
        1) Will Mamee Bay be able to accomodate all these people comfortably?
        2) Do I have to pay extra for decorations or is that included in the rental fee?
        3) Do they only rent it out to one wedding party at a time or do they have more than one going at the same time (assuming its a decent size)?

Thanks again..............Marlon
        Per Chandlyn, Mammee Bay only accomodates up to 50 people. If you're going to have more than 50 guests then you have to use the Plantation.

A reception at Mammee Bay/Plantation is not private but they put your party in a section of the restaurant where you are away from the other guests. So you're still with the public but I guess in a more private area.
        However, you may have a private reception at the Plantation if you pay $500.00 for 2 hours, or $1000.00 for 4 hours.
        In terms of decorations, you may use the decorations from your ceremony, at the location of the reception. So if you have floral arrangements at the ceremony she will have those moved to the reception & put on tables. I guess if you want anything additional you'd have to pay for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users