Photo

Peacock Feather Themed Weddings - Post all info here!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Jac - it is funny b/c i was reading a bride magazine at the nail place and they had them in there and i thought of you - i was like i hadn't really seen peacock feathers in wedding stuff until after you mentioned it and now i am seeing a lot too! haha

#32 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

That is funny! It's gotta be b/c I'm using them now, ya know. I saw plates that had them and I freaked out! hahhaha I want them.

#33 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have some peacock feathers if you need some. Let me know

#34 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kat81
          I have some peacock feathers if you need some. Let me know
          Oh for sure! Shoot me a PM with details, thx K!

#35 mpajkos

mpajkos
          • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

I am in wedding overload (watching every wedding program known to mankind, reading magazines and books) So I have seen them being used more than I thought but I don't think they are overplayed! Chances are people at your wedding haven't been seeing them everywhere either.

#36 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

I totally think it's cuz you are using them. Once I picked hibiscus as our theme, they were everywhere. Literally. Street names, store names, on bathing suits, and underwer and dresses and shit everywhere we looked!

#37 Christi

Christi
              • 1,905 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

OK..this is a little freaky...I read this thread before I left work last night and when I was driving home (I live in the hills) I came around a curve and on my right was this most amazing royal blue turkey like bird that caught me by surprise and I didn't realize it was a peacock until I saw the tail feathers...I can't even put into words how beautiful the color was...just gorgeous…so, the freaky part is that in the year that I have lived here, I have seen wild turkeys, deer, bobcats, snakes and a tarantula, but never a peacock and there it was…hmmm…

#38 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christi
                  OK..this is a little freaky...I read this thread before I left work last night and when I was driving home (I live in the hills) I came around a curve and on my right was this most amazing royal blue turkey like bird that caught me by surprise and I didn't realize it was a peacock until I saw the tail feathers...I can't even put into words how beautiful the color was...just gorgeous…so, the freaky part is that in the year that I have lived here, I have seen wild turkeys, deer, bobcats, snakes and a tarantula, but never a peacock and there it was…hmmm…
                  YAY arent they SO pretty, they are such beatiful animals. That so weird you saw one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My BM dresses are eggplant too, so I think the feathers will pop! I want a peacock :o(

#39 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Everytime I see anything peacock I think of you. I saw this AWESOME article in one of the bridal mags with peacock themes and was like,"WOW, I hope Jac does that!"

#40 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JennyK
                      Everytime I see anything peacock I think of you. I saw this AWESOME article in one of the bridal mags with peacock themes and was like,"WOW, I hope Jac does that!"
                      YAY! I invision what I want so I hope I can pull it off. I picked out really nice invites with peacock quills on them, I want to use them on the center peices and our flowers. Lil touches here and there ya know. Also, there are p-cock feathers called "Zucker feathers" that I want for my flowers to make them stand out alil more. The best way to describe them is that they look like a tiny boa's, like lil strands of feathery string. i saw a pic with them in the flowers and it looks so nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users