Help!! Wedding contract

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sohappy

• 260 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

We are planning to get married just the two of us at the O&O Palmilla in Cabo. My best friend is insistent that she wants to be there. Since we need 4 witnesses I figured it would be ok. She would stay at another resort.

O&O's policy is that if there is a party of 4 people we need to spend a minimum of $6000 on food and beverage?? (wtf !@$%#) Pardon my French.

I haven't sign the contract yet, FI saids for me to tell BF she can't come. She's really persistent but I don't want to be stuck with an outrageous bill just b/c somewhere down the line, someone decides they want to surprise us by showing up.

Should I look into another resort?? We really wanted to stay here because we heard the service is great and they have a decent wedding package for 2 people.

But I can' afford another $6000 just for food for a few people on top of what I would be paying.

What are your thoughts? TIA.

#2 becks

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Wow! That is outrageous. Can you maybe do the reception somewhere else? Because $6000? for 4 people? No way.

I'd suggest you push back on your WC and figure out why it is that you have to pay $1,250 per person. Makes NO sense.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

that is a lot of money. O&O is one of the most beautiful places i've ever been! but if your best friend doesn't come, who would you use for the 4 witnesses? it kind of sounds like O&O forces that $6000 on you b/c you are going to need 4 witnesses, a la 6 people??

#4 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

I agree with Alyssa.. If you don't want to spend 6k (and OMG that is just nuts) then I would look at other places. Yes the O&O is beautiful but IMO it's not worth 6k

#5 sohappy

• 260 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

I thought the resort said they would provide witnesses if needed but I can't find that anywhere so I'm wondering if I'm confusing it with another place.

I'm going to talk to my WC and see what other details should I know about before signing anything.

I'll have to check into seeing if we can do the ceremony there and take off to have dinner elsewhere.

I thought getting married with just the two of us would be less of a headache.

Thanks everyone, I'll update you on what happens.

#6 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing as Alyssa. Who would you use for your 4 witnesses? I'm assuming the resort staff maybe?

What in the world are they serving for $6k for 4 people That sounds a bit outrageous to me. Maybe its 6,000 pesos not USD. lol, I'm just trying to come up with some logical reason for that price. yikes!!!
            2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#7 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

according to mexican law, i was told that you only need to have 2 witnesses for the legal marriage when we looked into whether we cared about being legally married in mexico. so i really think you ought to NOT sign that contract. they're taking advantage.

there are sooo many places in cabo other than O&O, you might want to look into them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users