Photo

Menu Cards

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

For those of you that did buffet for your reception did you make menu cards? We are probably going this route with food, but I'm not sure if I should make the menu cards. I think they would look nice at the seats. What did/would you do?

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

if i were having a buffet i would not make menu cards and look at it as one less thing to worry about. :)

#3 Sunshine311

Sunshine311
      • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

To be totally honest with you, I've never even heard of menu cards for a buffet....

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

We are having ours at a Chinese/Japanese place, so I thought that people might like to know what it is. Also, the place only uses white or mauve tablecloths, so I am going to make menus as a way to add color on the white tables. We may also make table runners, but I def want to do menus.

Anyway, my point is, I dont think it's necessary, but if it's something you would like to do to dress up the seats. I think it's a great idea. I only been to a wedding once were there was a menu card and it is def a nice touch.

#5 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
          • 488 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

We are thinking of having a buffet and I dont think we are going to do menu cards. One less thing to worry about.

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
              We are having ours at a Chinese/Japanese place, so I thought that people might like to know what it is. Also, the place only uses white or mauve tablecloths, so I am going to make menus as a way to add color on the white tables. We may also make table runners, but I def want to do menus.

Anyway, my point is, I dont think it's necessary, but if it's something you would like to do to dress up the seats. I think it's a great idea. I only been to a wedding once were there was a menu card and it is def a nice touch.
              I am doing the same thing!! I know the menu cards aren't necessary for a buffet, but I wanted to do them to add color to the tables because otherwise it will mostly be just white...

Plus they can't hurt...they will be sitting in their seats before they get up to get the food...so it would be nice to know what will be up there... :)

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

I agree. Ours is going to be served family style at each talbe on a lazy susan. But you know how some people won't know what it is they are eating, esp when it's culturally different, so I figured menu can only help and never hurt.

I loved the ones that StephanieMN posted not too long ago, from vistaprint.

#8 kiahjane

kiahjane
                • 159 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

I too am doing menu cards for my buffet reception so that people know what they are eating and to add some color to the table without spending a million dollars.

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'm going to do menu cards for the rehearsal dinner, b/c it's a sit-down ... but not for our beach reception, which is a buffet. The resort will usually have little cards in front of each tray with an explanation of what everything is. I'd check with your WC to be sure...

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

I'd say if you want them, go for it. Alternatively, maybe just a little thank you note for everyone, if what you're trying to do is tie in your theme, etc.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users