Photo

What I would do again, What I would change

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:08 AM

Wow, thanks Natasha. This is really helpful. I will start drinking water TODAY! I can't afford fireworks anymore, but where can you get sparklers down there? Based on consumption, I figured in 5 drinks at $6 each per person at our reception. This is in addition to 28 bottles of wine and 14 bottles of champagne. But you have a good point about people drinking by the pool all day. Do you think I overestimated? Mind you, we are mostly from Wisconsin which is a very heavy drinking state. Maybe I will save some $ here.

The whole rental car/cab issue is exactly why we chose a resort right in Cabo. Ours is walking distance (sometimes a long walk) from everything. They only have to take a shuttle from the airport and that is it. Seriously, this can save your guests so much money. The one time we took a cab from downtown to Puerta Vieja (7 km) it was $20 each way for 2 people. We rented a car for ourselves but almost noone else did.
    Jen & Aaron
    January 13, 2007

#32 aimee

aimee
    • 1,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for all the information Natasha. I really want to get married barefoot. I think that was a great idea that you hemmed your dress to fit being barefoot. I also like the fire dancer idea. How long was the show?

#33 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by riubride
        Thanks for all the information Natasha. I really want to get married barefoot. I think that was a great idea that you hemmed your dress to fit being barefoot. I also like the fire dancer idea. How long was the show?
        You know - I'm not sure, but it was longer than I thought it would be. It was definitely worth the money.
        Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#34 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

[quote=JENGONDA9;21951]Wow, thanks Natasha. This is really helpful. I will start drinking water TODAY! I can't afford fireworks anymore, but where can you get sparklers down there? Based on consumption, I figured in 5 drinks at $6 each per person at our reception. This is in addition to 28 bottles of wine and 14 bottles of champagne. But you have a good point about people drinking by the pool all day. Do you think I overestimated? quote]

Nothing wrong with over-estimating and being pleasantly surprised later. Check with your hotel on the drink costs. For us, I think they ranged from $5 for domestic beer to $10 for margaritas (we took out the expensive tequilas as it got even more expensive from there). I'll check my bar bill this weekend and see if I can help you estimate.
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#35 LRUSH

LRUSH
          • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

Rebecca, I saw your slide show on Juan Carlos' website. Your photos are great and your wedding looked beautiful! I am newly engaged and thinking of going to Dreams as well. How long did you book your photographer? PS. Can't wait for that list!

#36 MAGUILLON

MAGUILLON
            • 34 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

Natasha,

Thank you for the advice. I've already printed out your list and am going to start checking things off.

#37 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LRUSH
              Rebecca, I saw your slide show on Juan Carlos' website. Your photos are great and your wedding looked beautiful! I am newly engaged and thinking of going to Dreams as well. How long did you book your photographer? PS. Can't wait for that list!
              juan books very fast so you may want to contact him directly...he is on the forum every once in awhile..

you can find his info here:
              http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1795

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#38 AshleyL

AshleyL
              • 263 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the Posting! Very helpful
                Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users