Photo

AHR recommendations-Columbus, OH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive and unique location for an AHR in Columbus, Ohio? It will be in August and I would be expecting about 50 people.

Many thanks!!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

I don't know if you would consider them unique, but if youcan find a Drury Inn, they are great! Very affordable, hot breakfast included, nice pools and hot tub. I've stayed in several across the country when traveling. Definitely my fav for budget lodging. Hotel Rooms, Rates & Reservations at Drury Hotels

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
        I don't know if you would consider them unique, but if youcan find a Drury Inn, they are great! Very affordable, hot breakfast included, nice pools and hot tub. I've stayed in several across the country when traveling. Definitely my fav for budget lodging. Hotel Rooms, Rates & Reservations at Drury Hotels
        Thanks for the suggestion. I have never been to a Drury Inn but I will keep it in mind for future travel. We actually won't need any rooms since everyone lives in Columbus. My mom wants to have an at home reception for us for all the people in Ohio that aren't coming to our wedding in Mexico. I just don't want her to spend a lot of money.

#4 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

I don't know about inexpensive, there's the Park of Roses, not sure what they allow though.

There is that place down on the river near Spring and 33... I am drawing a blank.

There is a nice winery on Front in the Brewery District as well.

We are probably just have it at our house once we have a patio in the Spring.

Man, I am really blank today... sorry!

#5 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
          • 238 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Paula - I think you're talking about the North Bank Pavilion. It is really nice - I think it is like $75/hour or something. Go to the Columbus Parks and Rec website and you'll find it. It think its the only public park that allows alcohol?

I think we're just going to do it at our house.

#6 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaulaV
              I don't know about inexpensive, there's the Park of Roses, not sure what they allow though.

There is that place down on the river near Spring and 33... I am drawing a blank.

There is a nice winery on Front in the Brewery District as well.

We are probably just have it at our house once we have a patio in the Spring.

Man, I am really blank today... sorry!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
              Paula - I think you're talking about the North Bank Pavilion. It is really nice - I think it is like $75/hour or something. Go to the Columbus Parks and Rec website and you'll find it. It think its the only public park that allows alcohol?

I think we're just going to do it at our house.

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I will check it out now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users