Room Upgrades???ARRRRGGHH

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hi All-
    I booked the royal package in order to get a room upgrade...if I change it to the free wedding will I still be able to get the room upgrade? I'm having 75-100 guests. Me and future hubby booked a standard room in hope of getting upgraded to a suite...are my chances slim? I would hate to spend my entire trip in a standard room...
    Also- I know the free wedding is $250, but there's an additional $250 for the minister and paperwork, making the total $500 right?
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

#2 mopher

mopher
    • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

The 250 goes towards the minister and paperwork. There isn't an additional 250 you have to pay...in this regard...check out some of the other threads on pricing...there isn't too much "free" at the resort. You can upgrade everything at a cost.

I think you should be okay to go from a standard to a suite. I think people mostly run into problems upgrading from a jr. suite to a deluxe suite. To be safe I would talk to your travel agent and get her to throw it in...or pay the upgrade. You can get the first upgrade for 100-200 dollars.

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

To my knowledge, they usually do their best to upgrade the bride and groom. I would also email a week ahead of time to remind them its your wedding ... and have TA and/or WC do the same.

Also request an upgrade once you get there.

#4 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
        • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

Quite honestly I would book the room category that you want and not count on any upgrades- there is usually a disclaimer stating that upgrades are based on availabilty! Especially since you are getting married in prime season (wedding, honeymoon and children are out of school- it's the travel trifecta) and those rooms will likely be booked!

The RIU Ocho Rios is becoming the destination wedding resort in Ocho Rios- and even throughout Jamaica.

TA Jennifer

#5 albianstar

albianstar
          • 82 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

i would say the same
            book the room you want
            i found it really hard to get an upgrade, i had to ask everyday for 5 days then finally i got it
            I wish i had just booked the deluxe suite to begin with - its tottally worth it

#6 Ilandking

Ilandking
            • 47 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'd have to agree with Jennifer and I think it all depends on the season you go in. It would be ashame to plan for the suite and not be able to get it, so we went ahead and booked a Deluxe Junior Suite, plus its one less thing to worry about

#7 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
              • 186 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

Thanks everybody...i think i will go ahead and book the deluxe suite...it'll really suck to spend my "newlywed" days @ ROR in a standard room!

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
                  Quite honestly I would book the room category that you want and not count on any upgrades- there is usually a disclaimer stating that upgrades are based on availabilty! Especially since you are getting married in prime season (wedding, honeymoon and children are out of school- it's the travel trifecta) and those rooms will likely be booked!

The RIU Ocho Rios is becoming the destination wedding resort in Ocho Rios- and even throughout Jamaica.

TA Jennifer
                  Good Point! I guess unless you can secure a guaranteed upgrade ahead of time (like my TA was able to do for us) it would be awise move to book the room you want.

We booked the Royal Service room for our HM just to be safe.

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mopher
                    The 250 goes towards the minister and paperwork. There isn't an additional 250 you have to pay...in this regard...check out some of the other threads on pricing...there isn't too much "free" at the resort. You can upgrade everything at a cost.

I think you should be okay to go from a standard to a suite. I think people mostly run into problems upgrading from a jr. suite to a deluxe suite. To be safe I would talk to your travel agent and get her to throw it in...or pay the upgrade. You can get the first upgrade for 100-200 dollars.

I booked the free wedding, which was totally free in 2007, but now costs $250. I was told that $250 does not include the fee for the minister, which is another $250.
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#10 chicago88

chicago88
                    • 699 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

We booked a jr. suite - I'm going to hope that we can get upgraded to the full suite! If not, oh well, but it would be totally better. There is so much more room!

Cross your fingers, we leave 3 weeks from today!!

Therese & Jay
                      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users