What's the best luau to go to in Oahu?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 gina@pixoflife

• 46 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hi, don't think I saw this mentioned but the Polynesian Cultural Center luau does not serve alcohol. Not a major downside for some, but many like to enjoy tropical drinks while on a Hawaiian trip, mai tai's & blue hawaiian's at a beachfront luau are a nice treat. :)

We have been to Paradise Cove twice, really fun, beautiful location and a lot of activities...touristy but still fun. In-laws went to Polynesian Cultural Center and thought it was quite touristy as well, but they enjoyed the dinner show.
    www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

#12 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

Thank you again for all your wonderful thoughts. I think I am going to take them to the Paradise Cove Luau. Not 100% sure yet, but its my #1 pick so far.

#13 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

watching anthony bourdain on the travel channel right now and he's in hawaii going to the paradise cove luau... sooooo if it's good enough for a guy who can go anywhere he pleases, i think your guests may enjoy it!

#14 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:14 AM

I went to Polynesian Cultural Center. I learned so much about the various Polynesian cultures. I went to the luau. I dont have anything to compare it to so I cant tell you if it was good. It was fine to me.

#15 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

I agree that Paradise Cove is the best.

#16 jonathan canlas

jonathan canlas
            • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

Having lived on the North Shore of Oahu...I would say hands down the best luau on all of Oahu is found at the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC). And yes, as rumored, they DO NOT serve alcohol. During the day it is suggested you tour the villages where they put on various shows/demos about each culture (Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Hawaii, New Zealand etc). There are a couple different ones but the one we get each time is the Alii Luau (we went this past March). Its fantastic...

#17 diezelgrrl

• 67 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

i'm having a welcome luau for my guests and my sister who recently moved to hawaii asked around some locals who said germaine's luau was the best for making all their guests feel like family and said that would work best for having all our guests mingle and get comfortable

#18 kino_iki

• 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Germaine's is okay. Paradise Cove is better- there are tons of activities to do beforehand, such as lei making, canoe-ing, etc. I havent been to Polynesian Cultural Center since it is relatively far and would take a good chunk of your day.

#19 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:03 AM

Thanks again for everyone's advice. I have heard so many different reviews and I think that we have made up our mind to go to Paradise Cove.
                    Thanks again for everyone's help. Couldn't have donw it without you guys!

#20 Season85

• 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

I just got back from there in April, that's when my fiancee finally popped the question LOL But we attended Germaine's Luau which I liked a lot. I got talked out of going to the PCC but wish I would've went anyways because I heard from my friends on the island that they're the best. So Germaine's is nice and it's set on a beautiful beach and the food and drinks are good. But I did hear the PCC was the best and most authentic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users