#11 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

What about the autographed fiesta donkey? Like kate (LALA) had at her wedding?

#12 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

I was considering a margarita machine, but my mom gave me the idea to get a big drink despenser & make margaritas on the rocks. it would be a lot cheaper. You can also get a margarita machine at sam's for $180.

#13 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by starchild
    Papel picado sets the scene perfectly too...you can make your own or order it from a party store:
    We put small pails of Mexican candy out on the tables, like mango pops, de la rosas, pulparindos, etc. And canels gum, the little square chewing gums.

We hired 2 people to set up a taco stand and cook tacos to order for guests. That was a fun touch and very Mexican.
    Jamy is a rockstar because the Mexican candy is also a great idea - there are lots of yummy things you could put out. and As far as the taco stand, this is the #1 recommendation I have - my FI's parents do this when they host garden parties and its amazing and so fun. Especially if you can get someone to do tacos al pastor...yum!

#14 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Ok here comes the dumb question- did you hire someone that already operates a taco stand on the street?
      Happily married since 2008

#15 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
      Ok here comes the dumb question- did you hire someone that already operates a taco stand on the street?
      haha rachel, i know you asked this ages ago, but i like this thread and was wondering the same thing as you! anyone??

#16 Kat81

• VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

LOL what great ideas girls... Makes me want to do something like this as well.

#17 Cole5worm

• 371 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

yay more Fiesta parties...we are also doing this.. we are hireing our fav. mexican restruant to cook chicken and beef tacos with chips and salsa.. it is only going to be around 5 a head.. we are doing the Margarita machine as well! On the OTC website i am going to get the tiki touches for my center pieces they have cehaper ones now is a little pal for liek 20 bucks for a dozen!

What are you guys doing for table cloths.. i kinda jsut wnat to get the plastic fiesta table cloths but not sure if that will be tooo tacky since we rented a hall... but it is sooo much cheaper!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users