Private / Secluded Ceremony Spots

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

• 110 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

I need your help!

Fi and I want to be married in as private a location as possible. I know that it is impossible to be *completely* private at a resort, but which ones have ceremony locations that are somewhat secluded? I do not want strangers in their bathing suits 10 feet away from me while I'm getting married!

Thank you!

#2 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

I only reseached a few resorts but from what I looked at Dreams Cancun has a great gazebo on the beach that is secluded.
      I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum and they have a fantastic colonial chapel if that's what your looking for.
      I know there are plenty more but that's just what I know of! = ) Good luck!

#3 WSUgal

• 96 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

Have you checked into Playa Fiesta in Puerto Vallarta? It is a wedding boutique hotel. It has 21 units for a total of 30 bedrooms. You can rent out 18 rooms to get their wedding packages or you can rent out all 30 and have the whole place to yourself! I am still looking for places that are more secluded also. This is the place that I am in love with, but I am in the beginning stages of planning! Let me know if you need anymore info! Here is the website: Welcome to Playa Fiesta
        Good luck with your searching!

#4 Opice34

• 414 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

I just got back from Cancun where we did several site inspections. I posted reviews and pictures in this thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13912

#5 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:24 AM

Are you set on Riviera Maya? Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta is the most secluded wedding site I've seen so far (other than renting a villa). The beach and facilities are completely private and only accessible by boat. I had the same concern as you because I didn't want onlookers and the only people there were our guests and the staff.

#6 debbie421

• 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Bumping this to see if there were any more ideas. I'm focusing in the Riveria Maya.

#7 JenniferSS

• Banned
              • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

A few that come to mind are in addition to what's already been posted:

Excellence Riviera Cancun as it's at the end of the beach without anything else (at this time) on that side.
                Valentine Imperial Maya -again as it's at the end of the beach or you can do the gazebo or chapel-chapel is surrounded by water and fairly private.
                Maroma- very small bourtique resort with a large beach area
                Ceiba del Mar- boutique with a location at the end of the beach or on the pier, or there is a rooftop area that they will decorate with views of the ocean and pool.
                El Dorado Royale- has many areas to get married that are fairly private from small wedding chuppas to a large seaside gazebo and a seaside chapel plus quite a few alternatives in between!
                Azul Sensatori- the rooftop sky wedding will be very intimate with amazing views

Just north of Cancun is Excellence Playa Mujures which also has a wedding location at the far end of the beach

That should give you a place to get started!

TA Jennifer

#8 Lindsey

• 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

If you don't mind being in Cancun, the Beach Palace has a sky terrace that is completely closed off to everyone except wedding guests. It is amazing unless you are looking for a toes-in-the-sand wedding! Good luck!

#9 CindyG

• 33 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

CANCUN RIU MOST PRIVATE GAZEBO'S? 

#10 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                    • 272 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi There!

Cancun has a few secluded options for private ceremonies.  For private beach ceremonies, you would be better off with a location in Tulum.  Here are a few examples and you can always check out Wedding gazebo at Dreams Cancun, Mexico.

Wedding Chapel at The Royal Cancun:

Wedding chapel at the Royal Cancun, Mexico.

Beach-front Wedding Gazebo at the Princess:

Wedding gazebo at the Princess Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users