Photo

Fun or totally lame?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kiahjane

kiahjane
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

I've been secretly trying to find out what songs each of our guests danced to as their first dance for their wedding (parents, aunts, siblings & other married couples) and I was going to put them together as the songlist for the DJ to play at dinner as a little surprise... is this a cool idea or is it lame and we'll be listening to a lot of sappy songs at dinner? We'll have about 12-15 married couples there and will just switch over to jazz or something once they are done.

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

I think that's a great idea. Tami is doing something similar or maybe the same thing. Has it been hard trying to find out all the songs?
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Tami mentioned doing this before. I am planning to do it too. I haven't been keeping it a secret though. I have been asking everyone. A friend actually teared up a little. You can always just say you are trying to figure out what to use for a first dance song so you are wondering what they used to get some ideas.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

I think it's a great idea!!!!

#5 kiahjane

kiahjane
          • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

It has only been hard for my parents because strangely neither of them can remember the name of the song. Unbelievable. Everyone else though I did exactly as pp suggested and just said I was trying to figure out ours.

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yep, I am doing this. I wanted it to be a surprise, but it's been hard to find out, so I am just asking people what their first dance song was (heck, my parents don't even remember). I'm using it as a way to say "Thank You" for attending our DW and to celebrate their marriages. We will make an announcement at the reception to listen for special song throughout the evening b/c we tried to add as many first dance songs from couples weddings who are inattendance as possible.

I think your guests will love it. Everyone who knows what we are doing thinks it's a wonderful idea.

How many times does a married couple REALLY get to dance to their 'first dance' song?

Honestly, I think it's a great idea for all weddings!

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

I think it's a great idea! I thought about giving each guest a romantic CD in their Welcome Bag. That might be a great way to get some ideas!

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

Oh, and I am not doing it as a songlist during dinner.

I am doing it as the slow songs during the dance portion of the reception so that each couple has a chance to dance tot their own song again.

#9 kiahjane

kiahjane
                  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

That's a great idea, Tami. Very sweet, people will love that!

#10 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                    • 812 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

I am totally doing this too! I read it in some magazine and totally loved the idea. Here is a tip: an easy way to find out their first dance song is to tell them you are trying to figure out what yours should be, and then casually ask what theirs was :) It works every time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users