Photo

Help me find the designer of this dress?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

So... long story short... I had chosen this dress from an internet retailer that makes them inexpensively. Now I am starting to get nervous about what if it arrives and I hate it. I guess then I'm only out $200. I have to order it soon so if it comes and I dont like it, then I have enough time to buy something else/have one made. But I'm also considering having my dress made by a seamstress from the photo. This would cost around $800-900. Can anybody help me figure out who the designer is so that I can maybe see more photos of the dress so I can decide? Anybody wanna give me some advice about what they would do... because now I am second guessing my original decision to get it on the internet. TIA!

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 kiahjane

kiahjane
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

I think that Watters has a bridesmaid dress that looks like that - you can order it in all white I believe. Check their site!

#3 kiahjane

kiahjane
    • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

Yup, the one I am thinking of is on the Watters website, style #9826. They show it in black and white.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

That Watter's dress is definitely similar. So far, I can't find your exact dress, but I think with enough *similar* pics ... a seamstress can do it w/o a problem.

What website were you ordering from? Maybe someone on BDW has some experience with them and can offer some insight/feedback.

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kiahjane
        Yup, the one I am thinking of is on the Watters website, style #9826. They show it in black and white.
        close....very very close, but no cigar. the watters pickup skirt is significantly different from the one im looking for.

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        That Watter's dress is definitely similar. So far, I can't find your exact dress, but I think with enough *similar* pics ... a seamstress can do it w/o a problem.

What website were you ordering from? Maybe someone on BDW has some experience with them and can offer some insight/feedback.
        Here's the link. I'm also inclined to say its not a Watters copy because they have a Watters section, and this gown doesnt fall under it. It's grouped in with other A-line gowns, that don't say who the designers are (obviously the ones sold by this Chinese company are copycats) but some are clearly brand identifiable.

Wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses for your wedding day! - A-Line 0031 style New Formal Bridal Wedding Dresses Wedding Gowns

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Check out Jasmine. I saw one similar to that in a boutique.

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

WOW, I Love that dress! It is in one of my bridal magazines, I am almost 100% sure. I will check tonight when I get home :)

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
              Check out Jasmine. I saw one similar to that in a boutique.
              I was going to mention the same thing. I'm pretty sure its Jasmine, however I tried their website and only found 2008 collection. Try searching through brides.com

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

If you can get some good reviews of that website, they seem great to use.

Here are some comments I found:
                Has anyone heard anything about www.weddingo.net? - Yahoo! Answers

Here are people trying to figure out if the site is legit. They don't really figure it out though
                Kvetch: Wedding Dress Alternatives => wedding dress from http://www.weddingo.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users