shower hostess gifts for 5 girls? (and 1 more)

I've pretty much gone over my budget on everything that I purchased so far which includes my bm gifts and oot bags. But i'm finding such great ideas on this website that I can't help but want to do them all! Not sure about this hostess gift though, maybe i'll just do thank you cards. And if I have any money in my bank account when my shower comes, i'll try to get a small gift.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
angela, am I responsible for the Shower Favors? I thought that was the hostess's job?
My girls told me they weren't going to do favors.. I just asked my MOH if I could do it and she said sure.. lol otherwise I wasn't privy to anything other than when and a week or so before I found out where.

My understanding ad what we've always done is to give the hostess a small gift. I will definitely be doing this for all of my showers. We're up to 4 right now! For 3 of them, the hostesses won't be in attendance at the actual wedding. It is the hostesses responsibility to purchase the guest favors.

In Kansas, where my mom is from, she said the if any of the guests win prizes for the games, they turn around and "donate" them back to the bride.

I don't know what the etiquette of the hostess gift is but if it were up to me I would get them all a really nice gift for being hostess/BM's, usher ect.. instead of 2 separate gifts but I'm sure that would be really thoughtful too. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I got all of the girls who hosted my shower (4 of them) monogrammed tanks from J.Crew, plus a bottle of wine for the one whose house it was at. They were a huge hit and they all wore them down in Cabo.

They were on sale. If you call to place your order and tell them what it's for, they might (wink, wink) give you free shipping wink.gif

I did separate gifts, but I had a small bridal party and it was all family so I was able to extend myself a little further.

One shower was thrown by my two grandmothers and I bought them each $50 GCs to a bookstore, the other was thrown by my Sister/MOH (and by my mom even though it's taboo -she did a lot of the work) i also bought them each a $50 gc.

These were in addition to the BP gifts.

I just got my four bridesmaids really cute beach bags for the shower. They were from Target (I heart target) and they were only $10- They have a cute hint of glitter in them. Im going to fill it with lotions and body spray. My mother and future mother in law are hosting so im thinking about what to get them. I think its just a personal thing whether or not to give gifts, im sure no one expects anything..since it's in your honor.