Photo

Did you say "yes" right away?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 NATASHA

NATASHA
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

I didn't. I thought I was saying something more meaningful, but it just made my guy REALLY nervous.

After he proposed (it was very lovely - he said some really beautiful things and I thought he deserved something meaningful from me), I said, "I never imagined being someone's wife, but now I know that I wouldn't want to spend a day without you."

He said, "I'm looking for verbal confirmation - does that mean yes?" with a little quiver to his voice and he was tearing up which made me tear up.

Anyway - we were discussing this last weekend with our friends after he said that the ONLY appropriate response is a flat "Yes" and that every parent should make that as clear as possible to their daughters. It was funny.
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:11 AM

natasha, your poor hubby...you probably made his heart stop when you didn't say yes right away!

hmmm...not sure if i should tell my story becuase it may be TMI...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:45 AM

I said "yes" but honestly we're trying to remember exactly what he or I said and neither of us can remember... I guess is was something like "will you marry me?" and I responded "yes, i will"

But I will say that when my dad asked my mom to marry him she said no! then she changed her mind and they've been married for lioke 36 years
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#4 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

I actually told Cain "no" at first.. He asked me in front of his family at a Martini club and didn't get down on one knee.. LOL.. I said "no, your suppose to be on one knee" and he just looked at me, and I said " of course I will, but you were suppose to be on one knee you big jerk" SO after a week of me giving him a hard time (all for the fun of it) he asked me again, on one knee.. LOL

#5 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          natasha, your poor hubby...you probably made his heart stop when you didn't say yes right away!

Now you have me wondering!
          Lets hear it, I'm ready.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#6 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

ME too Tammy, fess up girl.. :-)

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

I said yes right away- it was such a beautiful emotonal proposal that was speechless! Natasha, your poor husband, but that is a cute story!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host

Tammy, you know you can't tease us like that...

#8 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
              • 163 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:02 PM

I said "Yes, Yes, of course, definitely!!!"

I think that was pretty clear :)
                Jen & Aaron
                January 13, 2007

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

I agree with everyone else tammy, we want to know!

I didn't say yes right away because I was so excited I just started hugging, kissing and jumping up and down. Then he was like so do you want your ring after like 4 minutes later of him holding it... oops! Then when we were at dinner he said you know you never said yes to me! I just gave him the look like are you kidding me I have the ring on my finger! So then I said yes of course!

#10 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

I said "Shut up" about 40 times. There were also a few "Is this really happening right now?" Then there was a yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users