MM's musician questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

For all others interested...

I finally gave up on e-mailing Mariachi Internacional Los Cabos. I had my Dad call them directly (he's fluent in Spanish). Now I've got them booked for my wedding.

The only phone number for them that worked was cell: 52-624-151-5529.

Cost = $450 / hr
    Musicians = 8

fax = 52-624-143-6099
    MariaElena - 10/28/06
    Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#2 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

I finally got the church music settled. The priest recommended the group Dueto Amigo (guitar, harp, vocals) I had to have my Dad call them (in spanish).

Dueto Amigo

Humberto Arredondo 52-624-141-5447

Cost = 2500 - 3500 pesos depending on how many musicians ($220-$307 USD)

Bride can choose songs.

I hope this helps everyone....
      MariaElena - 10/28/06

#3 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hi all! I’m trying to decide between DJ Antares (Sistema Sound Control) and DJ David Flores (AVL Systems). Does anyone have any compelling pros/cons in favor of one over the over? They’ve each quoted me $200 an hour.

Thanks,

MariaElena
        MariaElena - 10/28/06

#4 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

I am using both, so I wish I could help, but I hope they are both good! :) I haven't heard of any brides who have used David for DJing, and Antares gets okay reviews. I don't know who I would choose...

Janet

AIM: jaynet03

Cabo Surf Hotel

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 JUANCARLOST

JUANCARLOST
          • Banned
          • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:04 PM

As you might imagine I know both very well (I live here), and they are both great, DJ Antares has a little bit more knowledge in tecno, but I recommend both.

Juan Carlos

#6 texanna

texanna
            • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

Maria Elena -- Can't wait to hear your review of the mariachi band! When you get back, would you mind sharing which songs you enjoyed the most? I called your mariachi and I might be using them, too (I speak Spanish so that helped). Thanks for posting the contact information. Have a blessed wedding!

By the way, you got a great deal at $400 hour. I got them for $450/hour. Jose Luis just hired a new lead singer from Guadalajara; that region is reputed to have the best mariachi in all of Mexico. Plus it's high season. I'm just happy to have them. :-)

"....por el motivo de que traemos una cantante que acaba de llegar de Guadalajara, canta muy bonito y es por eso que en esta temporada alta, subio el precio..."

#7 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
              • 231 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

Hi,
                There is another DJ in town Dj Mijares, he's fee is $150 dlls per hour, has a lot of experience on weddings, he works with many hotels, wedding coordinators, and wedding companies.
                Actually he was the DJ yesterday for the wedding of Karla and Tim that are also on this forum, maybe they can give you some reference.

I also know Antares he is my friend, he is also good , but I've never heard of David Flores.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cabo Wedding Coordinator
                Hi,
                There is another DJ in town Dj Mijares, he's fee is $150 dlls per hour, has a lot of experience on weddings, he works with many hotels, wedding coordinators, and wedding companies.
                Actually he was the DJ yesterday for the wedding of Karla and Tim that are also on this forum, maybe they can give you some reference.

I also know Antares he is my friend, he is also good , but I've never heard of David Flores.
                Cabo wedding C, can you post DJ Mijares inforamtion and prices. I think the brides would be really curious to know. his rate seems very good!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
                • 231 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

Hi everyone,

It has come to my attention, that a lot of brides ask about Dj info and references, I would like to recommend DJ Mijares he has a lot of experience on weddings, which is he's primary area, he works with a lot of hotels, wedding coordinators, and wedding companies, and has a lot of knowledge on the music area and used to work at Cabo Wabo, he's fee is $150 dlls per hour, he was also the Dj yesterday at Karla & Tim's wedding yesterday, also on this forum, maybe they can give you some reference. You can contact him at djmijaress@prodigy.net.mx

I also know Dj Antares he is my friend, he's a good Dj also but he is more of a techno and electronic DJ, I will also recommend him if you are into this kind of music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users