• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

are you having a traditional guestbook? or are you doing something non-traditional (plate, vase, etc)? please share your ideas, pics, and where you purchased these!

tia!

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

We were originally going to do a Polaroid Guestbook, but have recently changed our minds and are going to make a photobook of our engagement pictures and have guests sign that....I heard the wind makes it a little hard to take the polaroid pictures, so I don't wanna risk it.

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

It has been tested to not smudge with a fine tip sharpie.

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

Other ideas I like are to have everyone sign a picture mat. They have them at BB&B & target. Also, some people bought a coffee table book about Mexcio, etc to have guests sign.

I know I'd never look at a traditional book again, so I like the idea of doing something different.

Oh, I thought of another I've seen. You can give the guests postcards with stamps to send to you after the wedding with their favorite memories. Then put those together into a book.

And then there was Kate who had the autograph donkey. The possibilities are endless.

#5 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Im doing something like this: Click the image to open in full size.

#6 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
            • 98 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

I am doing a frame as well but got mine from Oriental trading. I figure I can spruce it up myself...

Autograph Photo Frame
              "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
              http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

I bought a traditional guest book, but am now deciding between 2 other options: either an autograph palm tree that I got from Oriental Trading Company or an autograph plate that has palm trees on it from Target. Not sure yet!

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

I did two guest books. For my rehearsal/welcome dinner I made this one
                basically on each page was a quote about love and then each person/couple wrote us a little note of advice.
                Then my MOH went around and took pictures of all the people which will be put at the top of each page. I haven't put it all together yet but plan to before this baby arrives.
                at my reception we did framed mats and then added two of my favorite photos from our wedding.
                I can't find any photos of it right now, but I will find some if you want to see. I went to target and got frames I think 16x20 (I had two of them, for over 100 people and they are full), then in the middle is room for an 8 x 10.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

We had fiesta donkeys - fun for all!! But beware, if your friends are like mine they will end up in positions like this...

#10 Lorilou

Lorilou
                  • 533 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

i'm doing a shutterfly guest book with pictures of us and then quotes about love and marriage on each page. it turned out really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users