How Long Did You Wait To Move Forward?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kristeyb

• 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

I was wondering how long did you wait before moving forward with more plans. I have my initial confirmation from RIU Ocho Rios but in an email it stated that I will be receiving confirmation of the time I selected. I want to go ahead with a wedding website and save the dates but I am not sure if I need to wait for the second email.

What do you think? What did others do? Is that first confirmation enough to proceed?

#2 juanslake

• 111 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

I think the 2nd confirmation is for when the Officiant as confirmed that he will be available. The Riu may have the date available but they also have to confirm the Officiant. I say wait a day or 2 or call them to see what the hold up is. For now, just start doing some of the preliminary things like:
      Getting the guest list together
      Looking for the right invitations or save the date cards
      Getting pics together for the website (wedding party pics, family pics, etc)
      Read the forum (you'll get plenty of ideas!)

#3 kristeyb

• 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Thanks so much Juanslake!!!

#4 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I started making my website, but didn't send it out to anyone until the date was confirmed. You can start designing your STDs, etc. That way once you have everything confirmed, you can send it all out right away.

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

I never received a 2nd confirmation but the corporate wedding coordinator for RIU confirmed that I have my time. You might want to just send them an email.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#6 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

Once my date was confirmed, I designed my website and picked out the STD's.

I say go for it...

#7 albianstar

• 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

once i had my confirimation number i sent allthe invites, and ordered my dress.
                Then i slowly ordered allthe favors etc. Depending on how farout you are, I would say 2 months before you should have all the favors adn pre book your hair etc with the renova salon.

#8 foxytv

• VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

I would get started with the website and STD's and anything else that you can get a head start on b/c it will all catch up with you.

Just don't send out a link to the website or print anything until you are confirmed with the Officiant as well.

#9 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

I'm getting married in the DR and I won't have a time until the judge decides which i'm told won't be for months. I just went ahead and sent out STDs, did my website, and will probably order invites soon.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 Shenmaat

• 98 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I had the website built and the save the date prelim stuff (design and price) ready before I got my second confirmation.

It is never too early to plan what you would like to see happen (ie.. pictures and designs)
                      "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users