Photo

At Home Reception Question...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Dijawana Diva

Dijawana Diva
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

We would like to have a reception for those we weren't able to invite to the Mexico Wedding. Question is, how long after we return must the event happen?

We are back into FULL WORK mode when we return at the end of February, and our business schedules (and most likely, our budget) will NOT allow for anything until April (if that soon....).

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

I certainly am not Miss Etiquette but I know we are getting married early November. By the time we return it is holiday season so our plan is to actually wait until after the new year to have a celebration.

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

It's totally up to you ....

BUT there are a TON of threads about this that will help you out if you use the Search function and type "AHR" or "At Home Reception" into the Advanced Search field.

Good Luck!

#4 nessa0308

nessa0308
        • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

I've read that it's appropriate to wait 4-5 months after the wedding, but if you're talking 8-12 months down the road it is not appropriate. We are getting married in November and we are also going tow wait until after the first of the year to celebrate. Maybe February or March.

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Ours was over 6mths...we live in Ontario, got married in DR & had our AHR in Newfoundland!

#6 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
            • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

We land back from Mexico on the Wednesday and are having our AHR on the Saturday!!! I've seen some people on here not having there's up to 12 months after!
              It all depends on you and how you want to play it. Personally I wanted to keep it close together, but if your schedules do not allow you to do this then go with what suits you.

#7 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
              • Banned
              • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

I'm kind of torn about this too. We're getting married in January and my mom wants to plan a summer time casual AHR. Aside from not even being sure if I want to have an AHR at all, 6-7 months seems like too long after the wedding. Ugh, why can't getting married be simple??
                ~~ Lea ~~
                January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#8 skadow

skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

We are getting married in Feb. and having our party in June. Everyone that I have told about it thinks its perfect. No one really wants to go outside in February when you live in Wisconsin. June will be beautiful with good weather =)

Plus we will have a little time to save up more money after Mexico

#9 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
                  • 301 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

ours is 2 weeks to the day after our mexico wedding....and our ahr is pretty much a full blown second wedding.
                    im going nuts planning two so close.
                    I think that too far down the road is a little inappropriate, but 2 weeks is a bit too soon!...a month or two would probably be perfect!

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011
                      I'm kind of torn about this too. We're getting married in January and my mom wants to plan a summer time casual AHR. Aside from not even being sure if I want to have an AHR at all, 6-7 months seems like too long after the wedding. Ugh, why can't getting married be simple??
                      This is EXACTLY what we did & it was awesome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users