Photo

Your "Must Have" Photos... Share your favorites!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hi ladies!
    I searched for this topic and couldn't find it, I am sorry if I missed a similar thread somewhere....

I thought it might be a good idea to put together a list for the resort photographer of "Must Have" Photos I would like! I've just started on mine, and here's what I have so far... *note - the photog will likely only be doing the ceremony and group/fun shots afterward, my FSIL will be taking some of us getting ready and some at the reception:
    • Ceremony site all set up – empty
    • Ceremony site set up with guests
    • Groom and groomsmen entrance
    • Groom and groomsmen waiting at gazebo
    • Groom waiting for bride
    • Shots of the crowd waiting – especially parents
    • Bridesmaids walking down the aisle
    • Bride walking down with father
    • Groom seeing bride for the first time
    • Father “giving bride away”
    • Ceremony shots of bride and groom (several)
    • Exchanging of the rings
    • The Kiss
    • Bride and groom holding certificate
    • Bride and groom walking down aisle with BUBBLES!!!
    And that's as far as I got so far! I want SO many fun shots on the beach after the ceremony but am having a hard time coming up with descriptions for them. If anyone has a similar list they would like to share, or if you would like to share your favorite photos from your DW, I am sure that would provide inspiration to so many of us on here!

Thank you!!

------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:21 PM

I really want a group shot of everyone on the beach after the wedding. I also want great ones of the two of us on the beach afterwards. I really love pictures of people laughing, so I hope our photographer gets ones of us all talking after the wedding, hugging and laughing.

#3 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

I definetly wanted a pic (I'll have to find an example) of our handprints in the sand/or our hands under the water in the sand, with our rings on. But after hearing about the 'stolen $25k ring' in the Dominican Republic, I'm having second thoughts, lol. But for sure the beach group shot.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

There is a thread around here on this topic....it was kinda lengthy too....

I wonder what happened to it?

Anyhow, I am not making a list. I am letting my photographer do what she wants. She has shot many a weddings and trust her to do a good job and know what shots to get instead of going by my list.

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

Anyone else have any "Must have" shots, or favorite shots if already married?
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#6 Jenn79

Jenn79
            • 625 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

There were only a few must haves (aside from the standard family and bridal party shots):

-Groom holding bride in the water (turned out as one of my favourites)
              -Bride and groom walking on beach (we have one where I'm leaning over slightly and laughing, but I can't remember what at)
              -a shot of the bride and groom from behind (this ended up as our absolute favourite shot)

Other than that we just let the photographer do his thing
              Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
              Review Pictures Pro Pictures
              "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

These are not on my list but other shots are
                Toasting
                bouquet toss
                cake cutting
                garder toss
                first dance

I also do not plan on giving my photographer a list. But, if there are certain ones we want to stage, I'll tell him. I'd like to take one of a big thank you written in the sand. I was going ot use it to make thank you cards, but someone gave me their leftovers. So I'll use it to email out a thank you as soon as we return from mexico.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JHillHolmes13
                  There were only a few must haves (aside from the standard family and bridal party shots):

-Groom holding bride in the water (turned out as one of my favourites)
                  -Bride and groom walking on beach (we have one where I'm leaning over slightly and laughing, but I can't remember what at)
                  -a shot of the bride and groom from behind (this ended up as our absolute favourite shot)

Other than that we just let the photographer do his thing
                  yes, I like the holding hands walking away shots. I looked through my photographers portfolio & it's clear that he will capture everything that needs to be captured.

I also want a kissing under the veil shot.

#9 jmhein

jmhein
                  • 665 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:26 PM

I definitely want one of a big Thank You in the sand too!

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

The other thing I want are plenty of scenery shots that will make nice backgrounds for photobooks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users