• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

welcome! i think that's plenty of time. i was only engaged like 8-9 months, and did nothing for like 6 mos.! lol it's totally possible. let us know how we can help!

#12 nic123

• 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#13 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

to the forum! You will find tons of ideas and info here. Happy planning!!!

#14 Carolena7

• 785 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Hello Martha, Welcome to the forum!!

#15 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum. You should check out Becks' (i think that's who just made them) passport STDs. She has instructions how to make them and everything under the invitation section. They were really nice. Goodluck!
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#16 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

#17 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Congrats & Welcome to the forum!!

#18 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:08 PM

Welcome! I'm sure you will find tons of useful information. There is a great passport invitation template from Becks.

#19 mdw2dtw

• 73 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

Welcome. I can't offer any insight on the location or vendors, but the other post are definetly correct. You can find great ideas in the invitation forum on your save the dates.

If you are crafty, I would suggest enlisting your crafty friends to help out. To save time I used already folded cards from my local paper source in Chicago, but there are a lot of paper places online. After I had bought a stamp for the front of the passport, a friend told me that she had a monogram stamp made for her personal stationary at a store like office depot or staples (but I think it takes a week to get). So you could buy a stamp (maybe linked hearts)at a craft store. Then stamp the front and emboss it to raise the stamp. For the words like 'passport', I bought a clear stamp with a set of Martha Stewart letters. If you don't know how to emboss they will show you how at a scrapbooking store...but be warned it's addictive. I will try to post mine, but until I figure that out, there are great ones to be inspired by on the forums. Good Luck, you can do it.

#20 lilywu@ladhs.org

• 57 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

I used MagnetStreet : Magnetic Calendars, Calendar Magnets, Refrigerator Magnets, Magnetic Sports Schedules, Save The Date Magnets, Wedding Invitations to done my save-the-date. It looks like a photo booth film strip with the words "save-the-date" on it. I figure since I always misplace things, having a reminder on the fridge will help. As for the passport, I'm currently having a graphic artist (friend) create it - looking pretty close to the real thing. I'm still waiting on the quote for printing and putting together. The local paper stores also have a graphic artist that will help you create if you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users