What kind of milk do you drink?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

here is the first article I had read on foods to eat/avoid while pregnant that mentioned soy...it's a pretty comprehensive list...and partway down is the part where it mentions soy. If you click on the word "soy" in that part of the list, it will lead you to additional info on soy research etc.

Pregnant?* Congratulations!* Now what to eat and what to avoid -

#42 Debs

• VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

I drank 2% growing up, every single day. 1 cup in my fruit loops and 1 glass at dinner.

Same now, except I've switched to 1%. And it's Special K or rice krispies instead of fruit loops lol.

I love me my milk!!

I figure everything I eat is bad for me these days, so why deny myself? LOL

#43 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

2% - I usually just have milk in my oatmeal in the morning. I really don't drink it.

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#44 foxytv

• VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

My trainer wants me to try Soy Milk b/c I am lactose intolerant ... but I just cant stomach it.

I grew up drinking Vitamin D ... and still love it ... but now use 2% for cooking, etc.

I rarely drink milk on its own ... but I LOVE dairy!!

#45 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Heidi
            Hmmm... if anyone can find an article about soy being bad when preggo, I'd really appreciate if it you could post/PM it to me. Since I'm a veg-head, a VERY large part of my diet is soy. My Drs have assured me that my diet choices had nothing to do with it, but hey my Drs sucked!!!
            The information I read was in a packet I got from this Holistic Doctor that my Dad swears by. My Dad now has the packet so I don't have it on hand unfortunately... I found it really interesting though. I will ask my Dad for it next time I see him.

P.S. It did NOT directly correlate to pregnancy, just general overall health.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#46 Gretchen

• Banned
            • 416 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

I bought some soy milk this weekend - vanilla flavored. It was okay... not my favorite. It tasted a bit ... uuhhh... chalky? My daughter drank it and didn't seem to mind though.
              Gretchen "GiGi"

#47 starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

I've been using the rice dream (organic original) in cereal for the past few days and it's pretty darn good. I still haven't opened the almond milk but I'll report back when I do :)

#48 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

No milk for me, or anything dairy. I hate cheese, milk, butter. Love yogurt, wish I could tolerate ice cream but my tummy would never forgive me if I were to put too much dairy in it. It makes eating difficult at times, but you adjust.

#49 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

organic non-fat pesticide and antibiotic and hormone free moo-moo milk. i dont believe that non-human milk is bad for humans. i just think its all the crap they put in milk that makes it bad for you. sure milk from a human would be best to digest but i dont know many wanting to put that on their cereal hahaha.

PLUS there is lots and lots of information out there about the importance of dairy in your diet and the fact that you burn more fat and calories with dairy in your diet when excercising then you do without it in your diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users