Photo

Where are you registering and why?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:58 PM

That is a great idea about registering for a rescue group. But Cain is so against registering for anything so we told Cain's Ma if anyone asks tell them to give us Cash or a gift card to Home Depot. But were not doing anything official

#12 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

Brett was really against registering too. I finally got through to him by explaining that if we didn't pick a few things then people would get us stuff we didn't want - like lime green sheets or a crappy brand of pan. We really just want everyone to donate to the charity - but I know some people will feel like that's not a real gift for us and get us something else so we are registering for a few things.

#13 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LALA
        Brett was really against registering too. I finally got through to him by explaining that if we didn't pick a few things then people would get us stuff we didn't want - like lime green sheets or a crappy brand of pan. We really just want everyone to donate to the charity - but I know some people will feel like that's not a real gift for us and get us something else so we are registering for a few things.
        Kate, you can actually register for a charity!

Donation Registries

#14 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

Sorry - my message wasn't clear. We did register for a charity. Actually, it's the only registry we have so far. I just meant that I know some of the old-fashioned guests won't feel like that is a real gift and will get us other stuff so we are registering at a couple stores.

#15 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
          • 486 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

We are registered at Create and Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond. We have lived together for some time now, but need an upgrade on things.

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

you can always do a honeymoon registry...but it only works if you tell people about it or post on your website...

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t692

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t690

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:53 AM

I know you can do a travel registry (see Tammy's post above). My photog. also said she has one, so that people can contribute to the cost of the photographs (Leigh Miller). I don't have the links on hand, but I know there are also registries where people can give $$ towards the down payment to a house. Let me look for some ... ok, didn't find any right away, but here's an artile - Honeymooners Become Home Owners - I think a lot of banks will set this up for you.

Paul and I aren't registering since people will spend so much to be at our wedding. And I've been married before, and we just both have a lot of crap!

#18 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
              • 631 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:43 AM

we have lived together for about 5 yrs now and we went ahead and registered...it is a very short registry at target...we dont need a lot of stuff...but we do need nice plates, and silverware...

#19 weez

weez
                • 151 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

We aren't registering anywhere either, I feel a bit guilty about everyone having to pay so much to go to our wedding, but also we combined two households so have so much extra stuff anyway!

#20 SarahMc

SarahMc
                  • 146 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

We didn't want to register either - we both have pretty much everthing we need - but my mom made me. We just started a small one at Macy's and might to do some stuff at Crate & Barrel. I like Target too, but like people have mentioned, their stock changes so often. Every time I've gone to get someone's registry there, most of their stuff is no longer available. I love the idea of a charity, thanks for sharing.
                    Sarah & James
                    Dreams Los Cabos
                    June 28, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users