My Dress Still Doesn't Fit !!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 TammyDez

• 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

Almost every bride I know says two weeks before the wedding is like a guaranteed automatic 5 pound loss just from stress. Though I think you’ll be just fine 11 weeks is a good amount of time. Good luck and stop stressing!

#12 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

You have plenty of time! You will look great and your dress will fit!
      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#13 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

Stay calm you have time. Drink water, stay away from sweets and juices and desserts. Stay focused and keep you mind on the prize. YOU WILL BE OK.

HOw far up does it come if it is the bust area try a different bra or shift the girls a little.

#14 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:21 PM

in addition to varying your exercise so youre not doing the same stuff all the time, try cutting your salt intake (will help reduce water retention), quit drinking pop and sugary juices (i switched to seltzer water with a splash of pomegranate juice), and also remember to take into account where your wedding day falls in your monthly cycle. i personally bloat about 10 days prior to my period by about 5-7 pounds. if you can have your dress altered out a bit, it would probably be better for your peace of mind to do it rather than stress too much about it not zipping.

#15 DRbride

• 108 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

relax! if you up your cardio at the gym, the pounds will melt off. 45 minutes of cardio a day will do the trick. and make sure you do intervals to keep your heartrate up. good luck!!!

#16 sohappy

• 260 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

I think you have plenty of time. Keep up with the WW and exercising you will see the results.

Don't stress, I know easier said then done. Keep in the back of your mind now you know where you're at with the zipper this hopefully will be a good motivation to bump it up at cardio/diet. The dress might even end up a little loose on your wedding day.

#17 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

Thanks guys! I feel better already - Seriously I lost 3 lbs since last week so I feel like I CAN do this! You are all the best!!

#18 Leticia

• 259 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

relax, I hear that stress restrict weight loss because your body goes into panic mode. you have lots of time too.

#19 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Betsy
                  OK I am having a major breakdown! My dress still doesn't zip up all the way - It is almost there but I am having major freak out issues - I am on WW and working out @ the gym 3-4 days/week - Do you think 11 weeks is enough time? How much ahead of time do I have to get it altered?? I am freaking out!!!!!
                  i think you should get it altered. use this time to have fun and not stress so much. YOURE GETTING MARRIED~!!!!!

#20 melody

• 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:09 AM

Everyone has giving you great advice. Make sure to combine cardio with weight each time you work out to maximize weight loss.

I am curious though...did you buy your dress a size too small? I am not trying to be rude but just wondering...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users