Father/Daughter Dance

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NATASHA

NATASHA
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:32 PM

OK - time we got around to this...

So, there are many sappy father daughter dances. My dad is a ham - he is funny to watch dance and he's good enough that it definitely isn't embarrassing.

However, part of the "I'm having a destination wedding" is to not have to be so stuffy and traditional. I'm SUPER happy to have my dad walk me down the aisle and I know it means a ton to him. He's also (being a ham) going to give a sappy toast (or he'll try to be really funny which who knows how that will go over). Fine.

But, I don't want to dance to a sappy song. No Butterfly Kisses. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not me and I'd also like to dance a fun, fast dance with my dad instead of sway.

My FI and I are dancing an argentine tango (we dance for a hobby) to the Assassins Tango from Mr. and Mrs. Smith (the cover to our wedding CD is a spoof on the movie poster - see here Click the image to open in full size.
    Natasha and Shawn
    Casa del Mar
    11/11/2006
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:28 AM

steve and i took dance classes for our first dance but then decided to dance like we were at an 8th grade dance

we did "wonderful world" by louis armstrong...we kind of combined:

father/daughter
    mother /son

partway through song, invited:
    steve's dad to dance with me
    and steve danced with my mom
    his mom and my dance danced

got that out of the way with one dance :)

Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 MARKSBRAT

MARKSBRAT
    • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:03 AM

that's such a great idea and it will keep everyones attention! All the songs seem like they would fit perfect. Have you asked your dad's oppinion? What about "that's Amore." It's one of my all time favorites. For our first wedding (huge reception) we typed out the song and rolled them like scrolls and everyone sang the song together at the end of dinner. It was awesome! stood and sang, we couldn't believe we had such a great response!

#4 MARKSBRAT

MARKSBRAT
      • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:06 AM

I haven't heard of any of them. I heard about Juan Carlos, saw his work, spoke to him and looked no further. It was well worth the extra money. His work is fresh and fabulous. Not to mention he is an extrordianry person!!!

#5 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

That is a good idea.

I was wanting to combine the father/daughter with the mother/son. My FI, for some reason, wasn't thinking in those terms, but I don't think he'd considered that no one wants to watch people dance through three songs?

We're going to a very traditional wedding in a few weeks - he'll see it in action there.

Natasha and Shawn

Casa del Mar

11/11/2006
          </a>

#6 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

That's SO CUTE!

Click the image to open in full size.</br>
            Natasha and Shawn

Casa del Mar

11/11/2006
            </a>

#7 BURROWM

BURROWM
            • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

Hey Natasha, I just saw this post. I really, really, really wanted to dance to "Take Care of My Baby" by Bobby Vee. My dad is also a big ham and we use to sing 50s songs together all the time. Its a faster song, which is why I chickened out and am not dancing to it. You should check it out. I think its cute, JMO!
              Megan and Brad
              Los Cabos, October 7, 2006
              Dreams Resort

#8 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

OK - now my dad (at the last minute after all details with the DJ were finalized and the wedding CDs for each room finalized) has called to say he wants to dance to something sentimental, meaningful, and slow.

I really have an aversion to all those things above. Plus, I gave him a two months to provide input.

UGH - I really don't want to dance to butterfly kisses - it will kill me!

#9 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
                • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

My dad and I have always loved the song "My Girl" by the temptations. It's on the faster side but you can still "slow dance" to it. Check it out - I think it would be cute!
                  Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
                  http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
                    My dad and I have always loved the song "My Girl" by the temptations. It's on the faster side but you can still "slow dance" to it. Check it out - I think it would be cute!
                    Great idea Sarah, I'll have to remember that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users