Do You Eat Breakfast?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#11 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
  • Banned
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:41 AM

In Jr High, our home-ec teacher taught us a quick way to scramble and egg before school - put it in a coffe size stirofoam cup and a dash of milk and stir. Microwave for about 20-30 sec. Stir. Repeat until done. I sometimes add cheese to my daughters. And, if we aren't taking it to go, I make it in a "real bowl" rather than a disposable cup. Quick and easy.
    I usually just grab a banana for me though!

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Holy shit Tami...I'm literally salivating. Do you know how good that sounds? You Southerners sure know how to eat, before I die I must find the waffle house and get some of that!

#13 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

Since I got my trainer, I have been trying so hard to eat the 6 meals they say...good thing I like to eat!!

anyway, I have been eating kashi cereal the granola one w/ skim milk because the kashi has a lot of fiber and protein. I also switch and have egg beaters southwestern style on wheat toast.

I know you said you don't love milk, but maybe even if you eat the dry cereal?? I'm sure you would like the egg and toast because it's more "breakfasty" plus the egg beaters aren't the yolk, just the whites w/ colored dye and you can cook quick on the stove or in the micro....

I would llike to know what everyone is eating the rest of the day...

#14 lscilley

lscilley
        • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

I eat triple berry cereal with skim milk or 1% cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and I have been on weight watchers for awhile and I have lost a large amount of weight. Lunches I eat alot of soup I love soup and Pita Pizza's mmmm so yummy. Dinner mostly consists of whole wheat pasta with a meat sauce or chicken breast with veggies. I have lots more ideas if anyone is interested!

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jones4Me
            In Jr High, our home-ec teacher taught us a quick way to scramble and egg before school - put it in a coffe size stirofoam cup and a dash of milk and stir. Microwave for about 20-30 sec. Stir. Repeat until done. I sometimes add cheese to my daughters. And, if we aren't taking it to go, I make it in a "real bowl" rather than a disposable cup. Quick and easy.
            I usually just grab a banana for me though!
            Interesting -- but sounds pretty fast and easy. Don't you love those Home Ec tips?? lol

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Holy shit Tami...I'm literally salivating. Do you know how good that sounds? You Southerners sure know how to eat, before I die I must find the waffle house and get some of that!
            OMG -- I KNOW! I'm from DC originally, and when I md to SC and found Waffle House, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. lol. Only thing I miss about back home is the Cream Chipped Beef. Down here it's Sausage Gravy. I like that too ... but LOVE me some Chipped Beef over toast w/ hashbrowns for breakfast!

But oh yeah, the crew on each shift at the WH near my house all know me by name! It's like I'm walking into Cheers. Scary, huh?

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lscilley
              I eat triple berry cereal with skim milk or 1% cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and I have been on weight watchers for awhile and I have lost a large amount of weight. Lunches I eat alot of soup I love soup and Pita Pizza's mmmm so yummy. Dinner mostly consists of whole wheat pasta with a meat sauce or chicken breast with veggies. I have lots more ideas if anyone is interested!
              I'm totally interested in more ideas. I've just started eating healthy with fi, it's so hard coming up with ideas for him to eat. He's so picky! please pm with any. Thanks!
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Haha..you're the female Norm of the waffle house!

#18 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
                • 127 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

Now that I am on weight watchers for breakfast, I have been having 2 pieces of toast and tea. The bread I buy has to be 3 grams of fiber. I buy the spray butter called smart balance. So, my breakfast only ends up being 2 points. I take my tea with splenda.

#19 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
                  • Banned
                  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    Interesting -- but sounds pretty fast and easy. Don't you love those Home Ec tips?? lol
                    And, they pretty much taste like ones on the stove too. Maybe a little fluffier. (is that a word?) I add a dash of garlic salt, some pepper - all the stuff I would normally do on the stove - when I make one for me. Sounds odd, but it is quick and easy. My FI even adds some chopped ham to his "double" one now - it's more like an omlet.

#20 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

That's a good tip Brandi! I'm making eggs like that 2morrow.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users