Photo

Newbie needs help...!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MImarchbride

MImarchbride
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

Hey everyone, I'm so glad I found this site. I am trying to plan our destination wedding in less than three months!!!!!! Talk about stress. I'm looking for a nice, affordable, adult only, all inclusive in the Riveria or Puerto Vallarta (still not sure). Any help would be appreciated!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

wow, 3 months is super short...PV and riviera maya are very different.

if you answer these questions we might be able to help you pick a spot that is right for you.

1. how many people will be at your wedding?
    2. AI or non-AI?
    3. what are you trying to keep the budget under for the per night room cost?
    4. legal or symbolic wedding?
    5. would you be willing to do a weekday event (most sats. and sundays are gone)

welcome to the forum...sarah (awharider) is also in your enck of the woods!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:23 PM

It can be done....I think! One of the girls on the board planned her wedding in 6 weeks :)

I think the key is to be flexible, especially with dates.

Welcome to the boards!

#4 MImarchbride

MImarchbride
      • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

I'm just overwhelmed!! Everywhere looks great, I can't decide. It is just going to be me fiance and I and we are definately okay with a weekday. We're looking for all-inclusive.

#5 MImarchbride

MImarchbride
        • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:34 AM

Anyone with wedding pics from Excellence Riveria Maya

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

ok that should be easy!!

here are some choices:
          • el dorado (riviera maya)
          • any of the dreams (cancun, cabo, PV)
          • excellence (riviera maya, dominican republic)
          • royal porto real (riviera maya)
          • royal hideaway (riviera maya)
          • riu palace (RM)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MImarchbride
          Anyone with wedding pics from Excellence Riveria Maya
          i think there are some here:

here is some excellence riviera cancun info

let me see if i can find more pics

Awards and recognition: 

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to the forum! I live in Lansing too:)
            I'm getting married in Cabo, so I'm not too much help in terms of location, but there's tons of other stuff we can help you out with.
            Let us know what questions you have!
            You are very brave to plan a DW in 3 months!

#9 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:14 PM

Yeah another MI member.. Welcome to the forum, hows the planning going have you found your dress yet?

#10 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:08 PM

Welcom, like Tammy said If you are flexible with your dates I am sure you can do it. I would think the number one priority would be to book your site first! Take a look around here there are some really good resorts in both the PV and RM area. Good luck! let us know how we can help. :)
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users