Sign in to follow this  
h&a

Getting married in Playa del Carmen - June '08

Hello Everyone!

After countless weeks of pouring over Trip Advisor and getting confused over which resort to pick I came across this forum. What a great site with so much information!

Our wedding is going to be at the beginning of June and I'm just finalizing my wedding date of June 5th at the Royal Playa del Carmen... although I keep questioning my choice and wondering if I should choose one of the many other beautiful resorts I've researched.

So far I've picked the Royal Playa del Carmen b/c it is w/in walking distance to the town of Playa del Carmen, the pictures look beautiful, the reviews are good and it's the size I'm looking for. I had a hard time finding a resort for the children who are attending, but those guests are able to stay at the sister resort, the Gran Porto Real, next door.... which is not ideal, but I think will still work.

It's sooo tough picking the place! Plus I keep worrying about making sure I choose a location that works for all my guests.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Heidi

Congrats, and welcome to the forum. I gave the Royal a long look, as well, but decided I wanted a place where my nieced and nephews could be on hand (so I could push them into the pool whenever I had the urge).

Resort weddings with children can be a challenge as many of the resorts in Playa do not cater to them. If your focus is a resort wedding and you want to be within a couple of blocks of 5th avenue in Playa, then the Royal (wedding) and the Portal Real (caters to children) is your best bet. There are other resorts at the level of the Royal that also have sister hotels near to them that cater to children, are a solid 15 to 20 minute walk to 5th Avenue. Also, if you want to have the most flexibility for your ceremony, I would encourage you to look into a wedding on a secluded beach within the Playa del Carmen area.

Good luck and take care.

I've never stayed at the Royal PDC, but on the way to RM the last time we were in Mexico our bus dropped some people off there and it looks absolutely gorgeous (just the lobby blew me away!)

Let us know if you need any help!